The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
1. Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all practices and contests.
2. Implement and maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
3. Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
4. Organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
5. Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the Gulf South Conference (GSC), the intercollegiate athletics department policy manual and the University.
6. Attend and participate in department and staff meetings.
7. Manage the program with the parameters of an approved budget.
8. Coordinate with the Director of Athletics on the hiring of assistant coaches and other support staff for the program.
9. Review all budget requests and projected fiscal needs.
10. Schedule all intercollegiate contests and team travel in accordance with GSC Scheduling and NCAA Model.
11. Review student-athlete eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations.
12. Provide financial aid recommendations for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes
13. Manage the facility repair and maintenance schedule and maintenance of equipment associated with the program, contest administration and game operations.
14. Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
15. Develop and participate in fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with athletic advancement through the Falcon Club.
16. Represent the University at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs.
17. Encourage and administer an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefits to the on and off-campus community.
18. Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the program.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. The individual holding this position will serve as a representative of the University and, as such, shall promote a positive impression by demonstrating a collegial and professional customer-service approach at all times.
Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision; Knowledge of departmental expenditures, and budgetary procedures; Ability to effectively supervise program staff; Ability to effectively recruit students for athletic specific skills; Ability to effectively schedule sporting events; Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards; Ability to provide exceptional customer service; Proficient in collaborating with departments within the University; Exceptional organization and records management skills; Ability to comply with NCAA rules and regulations, Gulf South Conference rules and University policies.
The educational requirement for this position is: Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree is preferred. Education substituted for experience? No
This position requires: 3 – 5 years of successful college coaching experience Experience substituted for education? No
Valid Driver’s License Acceptable driving record Successful completion of required NCAADII Coaches Modules Successful completion of First Aid, CPR and AED certifications per NCAA guidelines
About University of Montevallo
The University of Montevallo, a public liberal arts college with an enrollment of 3,200 students, is located 35 miles south of Birmingham, Alabama, and is a member of NCAA Division II and the Peach Belt Conference. Please go to http://www.montevallo.edu for additional information.