Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Do you want to help ensure the growth and success of the outdoor industry? Do you want to develop your career in the outdoor industry? If so, Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) is looking for a Membership Coordinator on the Membership and Events team.
About the Position.
The Member Outreach Representative supports the Membership team by cultivating relationships with prospective members to reach overall membership and sponsorship sales goals and objectives.
Essential Functions of the Job.
Encourage prospective members to join OIA by highlighting the value of membership
Conduct prospective member outreach during the 3 times per year booth campaigns
Support Membership team with inbound and outbound contact with existing members for renewal and retention
Manage the membership database and reporting tools to identify appropriate targets, leads and opportunities
Conduct sponsorship outreach to achieve organizational financial goals
· Actively support the department in achieving sales goals
· Assist in renewal. retention and recruitment of members
· Assist in recruitment booth campaigns
· Maintain a thorough understanding of OIA benefits and initiatives
· Conduct presentations to nonmember companies to convey the value of OIA membership
· Make outbound calls and emails to prospective leads
· Analyze trends, and data to identify Membership leads in the Outdoor, Surf, Run, Bike, Snow and Natural Foods industries
· Represent OIA at trade shows and events, regional visits as needed
· Create annual sponsorship outreach plan, identifying targets, both endemic and non-endemic
· Work with VP- Membership to develop annual sponsorship packet
· Track and manage sponsorship leads, outreach and follow up
· Utilize the membership database in Salesforce, to assist in achieving Membership and Sponsorship goals
· Run reports and track membership, sponsorship, and performance to sales goals.
· Process new member applications and renewals
· Create sponsorship and member invoices as needed
About Outdoor Industry Association
Based in Boulder, Colorado, with an office in Washington, D.C., Outdoor Industry Association is the leading trade association for the outdoor industry and the title sponsor of Outdoor Retailer. OIA unites and serves over 1,200 manufacturer, supplier, sales representative and retailer members through its focus on trade and recreation policy, sustainable business innovation and outdoor participation. OIA is a 501(c)6, nonprofit trade association. OIA also established and sponsors the Outdoor Foundation, a 501(c)3, nonprofit, with a mission centered on engaging American youth in active, outdoor lifestyles and nature-based education and activities Outdoor Industry Association is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes qualified applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read Membership Coordinator.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Outdoor Industry Association is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes qualified applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Enthusiastic attitude; communicates clearly, efficiently and has a keen ability to relate to others to build long-lasting, authentic relationships
Flexible, ready and able to adapt to change
Ability to think on the go and troubleshoot comfortably
Proactively recognizes and seeks out opportunities, anticipates issues and addresses them by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
Excellent organizational skills with consistent attention to detail
High working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products
Required Education and Experience.
BS/BA degree required
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a sales environment
Strong interest in the outdoor industry
Preferred Education and Experience.
Working knowledge of Salesforce
Experience in the outdoor industry considered a plus
About Outdoor Industry Association
Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) is a national trade association whose mission is to ensure the growth and success of the outdoor industry. OIA provides trade services for over 4000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers in the outdoor industry. OIA programs include representation in government/legislative affairs, market and social research, sustainability and youth outreach initiatives. Educational events include the Outdoor University® and the Capitol Summit. Outdoor Industry Association is based in Boulder, Colorado, and is the title sponsor of the Outdoor Retailer tradeshows. For more information, visit http://www.outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.