Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt is a leader in treating digestive disorders. We use the most advanced techniques and technology in the region. Our pioneering research, highly trained providers and dedicated staff have led U.S. News and World Report to rank us among the top 25 digestive disease centers in America.
Our diagnostic and treatment center is absolutely state-of-the-art. Our highly specialized physicians and advanced nurse practitioners are experts in diagnosing and treating digestive disorders. We work with other specialists at Vanderbilt to find the best treatments for our patients, so you can count on receiving excellence in complete care here.
The GI technician assists the endoscopy team during procedures. Arranges and inventories set-up for procedures, and passes items as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients as well as cleaning the instruments and procedure room. The GI technician is responsible for the provision of care to meet identified patient outcomes and to achieve the goals of the VUMC.
* Prepares and maintains supplies, instruments, equipment and rooms for GI endoscopic procedures requirements
* Maintains confidentiality of patient
* Prepares patients for procedures and communicates to ensure they are comfortable
* Assist physicians or registered nurses while completing the procedures
* Collect specimens and ensure proper handling
* Monitors and troubleshoots equipment to ensure it is working properly
* Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other GI endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards
* Attend in-service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills
High school graduate or equivalent
Current certification in CPR/Heartsaver or within 1 month of hire
Requires effective communication skills, solid team player and a commitment to providing excellent patient service and professionalism.
* Previous clinical experience in GI endoscopy lab desired
* Certification as certified endo technician desired
* Ambulatory Surgery Center experience desired
* Full-time, Days
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.