At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose- driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
Summary of Job:
The VP HR Technology & Total Rewards reports to the Chief People Officer leading teams managing HRIS, Talent Analytics, Compensation and Benefits functions. This role requires a strong leader with broad knowledge of several disciplines within HR and the ability to scale an organization while thriving in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide the development of global market based salary structure (possibly dual market structures) that attracts and retains world-class talent
- Guide and have input into 2U’s executive compensation strategy in conjunction with CPO and external advisors
- Develop compensation function and team to ensure deeper bench strength and key areas of expertise
- Lead the strategy, planning and development of the HR systems roadmap which will include aligning Workday system with company strategy, setting up the global end to end processes and ensuring seamless integration across multiple systems, vendors and platforms
- Drive initiative to optimize HRIS platform (Workday) to eliminate manual work, drive efficiency and ensure compliance
- Design and create global processes as well as communicate and implement across the business in a way that drives value and adoption.
- Develop HRIS function and team to ensure deeper bench strength and key areas of expertise
- Continue the development of global benefits strategy that ensure in region compliance and attracts & retains world-class talent.
- Ensure that all region/ country level benefits are competitive and operate in a regional compliant manner
- Develop the Benefits function and team ensure deeper bench strength and key areas of expertise
- Drive the development of a people data playbook ensuring that 2U uses data, analytics and insights to shape decision making
- Identify current and emerging trends in staff data (retention, turnover, career paths, etc.) and be able to distill the key story and actions for leaders
- Develop this analytics function to ensure deeper skills across the team
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 8+ years of experience in benefits, compensation, HRIS or related HR areas
- Experience in broad based compensation and exec compensation functions
- Experience in US Benefits including fully insured, self insured plans, 401K as well as all standard regulatory and reporting matters
- Current, working knowledge of HRIS systems, ideally Workday
- Experience implementing efficient, scalable processes/systems to support rapid growth, especially in a global environment
- Experience in both hyper-growth and publicly-traded organizations
- Conversant in end-to-end data collection, mining, and translation to business objectives
- Track record of successful team leadership and demonstrated influencer across multiple teams
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is a preferred
This position will oversee the HRIS, Compensation and Benefits teams.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.