To provide a broad range of company secretarial services for the UK legal entities;
To ensure good governance procedures are followed and implemented; and
Co-ordinate on any ad hoc initiatives impacting the Company Secretariat function.
1. To ensure all legal requirements for the UK legal entities under the Companies Act are met, including but not limited to, -
a. Completion of returns to Companies House b. Board appointments and resignations c. Attending periodic and ad hoc board and Committee meetings d. Assembly and distribution of board packs e. Arranging shareholder meetings
2. To maintain the in-house legal entity corporate database (CLEMS). 3. To take minutes of Board and Committee meetings.
4. To prepare signature lists for the UK legal entities and maintain the in-house specimen signature database (ABACUS).
5. To actively participate in corporate projects, such as intra-group transfers, company formations, liquidations, which often have a foreign dimension.
6. To provide corporate data for KYC purposes.
7. To continue to evolve processes in the Company Secretarial department and provide any necessary enhancements.
Position enables the candidate to take responsibility for the company secretarial duties and governance oversight for the UK legal entities and branches;
Position enables the candidate to establish good relationships with Independent Non-Executive Directors, Boards and Committee Members, the EMEA CEO and CAO's Office, the UK Executive Committee, the UK CEO and his/her office and Executives in other support functions.
Demonstrable Company Secretarial experience within a demanding, service-orientated organisation, preferably banking, legal/compliance, accountancy and other professional organisation.
Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and Company Secretarial requirements for UK legal entities.
Good minute taking technique.
Chartered Secretary (Member of ICSA)
Excellent communication skills as the candidate must manage and effectively prioritise own workload whilst also working together with the team.
Be willing to meet conflicting deadlines at short notice.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Internal Number: 5945909
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.