PRIMARY PURPOSE: Position is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Women's Swimming and Diving Program and Blue and White Men's Club Swimming Program as a component of the college experience, which enhances the students' Assumption education in support of the mission of the College.
1. Directs all phases of the women and men's swimming program.
2. Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption College, the NE10 Conference, the NCAA and other governing bodies.
3. Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes.
4. Initiates the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations.
5. Responsible for areas of the sport's budget including equipment purchases, travel costs, recruiting expenses, meal allocations and game day expenses
6. Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and College guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of competitions and practices.
7. Coordinates all scheduling with their sport supervisor.
8. Oversees the conditioning and training of the student-athletes in conjunction with the sports medicine staff and adheres to all policies and procedures within the College's health and safety program.
9. Develops and implements strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their best.
10. Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of compliance amongst assistant coaches and student-athletes.
11. Conducts the performance evaluation of the assistant coaches and recommends to the Athletic Director all hiring of staff members. Also monitors and coordinates the professional conduct of all coaches and support staff.
12. Coordinates with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics, Faculty Athletic Representative and other campus partners to help promote the retention and graduation of student-athletes.
13. Participates in public relations activities and works closely with the College's athletic communications, marketing and fundraising programs.
14. Coordinates fundraising initiatives (events, individual outreach) with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics and Director of Athletics for enhancing the operating budget.
15. Attends athletic development/alumni functions, academic/athletic honors and other special events as designated by the College.
16. Formalizes and executes an alumni outreach plan with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics.
17. Represents the sport program in the community as appropriate.
18. Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
19. Position requires working weekends and nights.
20. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
21. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Bachelor's Degree/Master's preferred.
* College coaching experience preferred - at least 3 years of demonstrated coaching expertise.
* Strong communication and public relations, management and leadership skills
* Communicates regularly with students, parents, faculty, high school coaches, and NCAA and conference officials.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
* Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, and/or loud noises.
* Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
About Assumption College
We are proud to call ourselves the Assumption College Community. Our Community encompasses students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, Augustinians of the Assumption, and Assumptionist Sisters. The employees of this community are all considered educators.
Assumption, a liberal arts and professional studies college, lies at the center of Massachusetts in the City of Worcester. The campus is approximately three miles from the downtown area. Its location in Central Massachusetts among 15 other colleges and universities, affords employees many academic, cultural and social advantages. In addition, Worcester has many fine facilities and programs, including an outstanding, nationally known art museum and music festival, a symphony orchestra and science museum. Worcester has a large public school system and several excellent private elementary and secondary schools. Facilities for winter and summer sports and for all sorts of recreational activities abound in Worcester and vicinity. Proximity to the cities of Boston and Springfield (approximately one hour by car) add numerous opportunities to those available locally.
The Office of Human Resources handles all employee benefits as well as the hiring of faculty, staff and administration.
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.