Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.18 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Resource Specialist is responsible for conducting orientations to the Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP), conducting follow-up site visits for ICCP orientations, completing intake procedures for child care practitioners, delivering accurate information, ensuring completion of application materials and ensuring customer service practices are upheld. The Resource Specialist maintains ongoing contact with child care providers with a focus on communicating current rules governing child care licensing and for continued participation as an ICCP provider and maintaining up to date provider information contributing to the Local Market Rate data. The Resource Specialist offers referrals to parents seeking child care, maintains confidentiality of all clients, and assures accurate data is maintained in the NACCRRAware and IdahoSTARS' RISE databases. Maintains regional lending library, works collaboratively with the IdahoSTARS statewide team and with regional office staff, and participates in training as directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent working a minimum of two years in a customer service position.
- Experience: Balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects Organizing work effectively and efficiently; Communicating effectively; Maintaining client confidentiality; Portraying a professional demeanor; Answering a business telephone using business procedures/etiquette; Providing reception and excellent customer service; Using databases to enter and retrieve information. Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines;
- Education: Associates Degree or higher with experience working in an early childhood related program and/or experience working with child care providers.
- Knowledge of: Quality inclusive child care; The Idaho Child Care Program IdahoSTARS
- Ability to: Work occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002214P
Posting Date: 05/24/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: In the letter of qualification, applicants need to address each individual minimum qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply.Applications received before June 17, 2019 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.