Project Administrator - Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy - (19001354)
The Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, the only graduate school of nutrition in the United States, is dedicated to passionately advancing nutritional well-being for people worldwide through excellence in research and teaching and the shaping of public policy. The School enrolls 350 graduate students, awarding certificates (five on-line programs) and MA, MS, and PhD degrees (eight degree programs and four combined degree programs). Faculty and researchers conduct research in three buildings on Tufts Boston campus, supported by substantial external grants and contracts from federal sponsors, private foundations, and generous donors. Administrative staff supports the School's mission of research, teaching, and public service. The School's alumni are international leaders in nutrition science and policy in government, industry, and non-profit organizations world-wide.
The Global Dietary Database (http://www.globaldietarydatabase.org/) is an original research project supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The aims of the overall project are to: (1) extend and expand innovative work to build and develop the Global Dietary Database (GDD 2.0) through data assembly, harmonization and quality control to characterize dietary intakes in all countries around the world on individuallevel national or subnational data? (2) broadly disseminate theGDD 2.0 via a new online platform, scientific meeting strategies, deeper research collaborations, and strategic partnerships? and; (3) perform new investigations and reviews on maternal and child diet diversity/quality, based on existing metrics as well as our prior work considering food consumption patterns, in relation to key health outcomes.
The Project Administrator provides specialized expertise for the research program to implement, track, review and evaluate a rich research program in global nutrition science and policy, in collaboration with faculty PIs, including the school's dean. Participates in development of goals and strategies; creates project management and filing systems; collaborates with sponsored research staff to monitors budgets, grants, and contracts, prepare projections, materials and reporting, and ensure compliance. Participates in dissemination efforts including assisting with abstract and manuscript submissions. Conducts evaluations of overall research progress, tracks milestones, and drafts project reports and summaries. Assists Co-I in developing systems to maximize synergistic opportunities for collaboration. Coordinates hiring and training of staff, students and temporary help and serves and primary administrative liaison for the research group to the school administration.
* Works with Co-Investigator, statisticians and other team members on the development and implementation of project-related goals and strategies.
* Leads team meetings, prepares agenda for these meetings to ensure team stays on track of goals.
* Creates project management systems.
* Assists Co-Investigator in the identification and expansion of direct collaborations and partnerships with multiple organizations and investigators, developing criteria and algorithms for prioritizing requests for partnership and data sharing.
* Assists Co-Investigator in the development of systems to maximize the opportunities for synergy and collaboration with other key Gates-funded projects.
* Manages collaborations with research administration team:
Partners with the research administration team to promote compliance of research expenditures amongst research team members. Ensures major grant expenditures are within the award's terms.
Manages systems to track and monitor subaward invoices. Acts as the first point of contact to problem-solve questions or requests from vendors/consultants. Screens invoices before submission to PI for approval.
Organizes the Quarterly Effort Report (QER) process for the research group.
Helps manage Dean's primary research discretionary funding.
Updates the biosketch of PI with latest information on publications, awards and other as required.
Participates in school-wide program administrator group to stay informed of systems, process, regulatory, and policy updates and changes.
* Serves as primary communications liaison to external Corresponding Members and other data owners on behalf of the PIs and research group to request permission to make their raw, individual data publicly available.
* Assists Research Scholar in building an online dissemination/community of practice platform for the project.
* Manages the Dean's research projects needs outside the scope of the team's other project leads.
* Hires and trains staff, students and temporary help for the overall research program.
* Serves as the liaison for the Dean's research program to school administration for staff on/off-boarding and HR needs.
* Collaborates with EA to manage Dean's calendar, coordinates project-related travel for the Dean and team, and coordinates non-GDD time management for research staff.
* Assists with abstract and manuscript submissions.
* Initiates purchase orders.
* Processes financial transactions for project e.g. check vouchers, honoraria, etc.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 3+ years of related experience OR Master's degree and 1-2 years related experience
Discretion, tact, and judgment to act on behalf of the Dean and other faculty members
Experience supporting high-level researchers and/or faculty members and their research
Resourcefulness to seek out and independently propose solutions to problems
Master's degree in related discipline and 3+ years of experience in related field of study
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Friedman School of Nutrition
Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full-time
Job Posting: Apr 30, 2019, 7:30:19 PM
Internal Number: 19001354
About Tufts University
Tufts is a leader in American higher education, distinctive for its success as a moderately sized university that excels at research and providing students with a personal experience. Our unique combination of research and liberal arts attracts students, faculty and staff who thrive in our environment of curiosity, creativity and engagement.