The Evaluator/DSO will evaluate credentials and determine if international students are admissible to the University in a variety of programs: undergraduate and graduate degree programs, first-year "pathway" programs; English language programs and special short-term programs. Decisions involve interpretation of complex standards and foreign credentials from all over the world. Impact of decisions are critical to the student's personal success and the reputation of Suffolk University and the INTO Suffolk University programAs a Designated School Official, the Evaluator/DSO will issue initial I-20s for admitted international students.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment allowing them to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 22 universities in the US, United Kingdom and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and Washington State University. This position will report to the Director of International Admissions or INTO Suffolk University Enrollment Manager
The Evaluator/DSO will evaluate credentials and determine if international students are admissible to the University in a variety of programs: undergraduate and graduate degree programs, first-year "pathway" programs; English language programs and special short-term programs. Decisions involve interpretation of complex standards and foreign credentials from all over the world. Impact of decisions are critical to the student's personal success and the reputation of Suffolk University and the INTO Suffolk University program
As a Designated School Official, the Evaluator/DSO will issue initial I-20s for admitted international students.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
* Evaluate foreign credentials, convert foreign grading scales, and assist in admissions decision processing for international applicants to university graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as INTO Suffolk University Pathway and Academic English programs
* Serve as Designated School Official for F-1 student visa purposes and stay informed on general immigration matters
* Evaluate financial and application documentation, issue immigration documents for new and continuing international students, and update student records in various databases
* Conduct research to determine if post-secondary institution(s) are accredited and/or recognized using reference books and internet resources to determine whether University requirements are met.
* Liaise with the University Office of Admissions and the INTO Application Processing Center on application decisions, processes and procedures
* Work with enrolment managers and credential evaluators at other IUP partnerships to advance best practices
* Remain up to date on evaluation standards, educational practices and the latest information on academic policy regarding international admissions standards at the undergraduate and graduate level
* Contribute to student services activities such as orientation, educational events, and other Center-wide programs as assigned
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum * Bachelor's degree * At least one year of experience evaluating foreign academic credentials at a post-secondary institution * Knowledge of various countries' educational systems, international credentials evaluation procedures; and the ability to oversee initial transcript evaluation * Proficient with Microsoft Office and have experience with student data systems, e.g. Banner, PeopleSoft, and/or Colleague * Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of and/or experience with international student programs such as ESL and academic preparatory programs * Experience using Salesforce, or similar CRM software * Experience living and working overseas * Knowledge of another language
Skills and abilities * Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources * Detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle a fast-paced working environment * Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders * Ability to deploy and manage resources effectively with efficient priority and time management * Ability to maintain sound judgment and decision-making even when under pressure * Competent IT and analytical skills
* All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or have Permanent Resident status at time of application in order to serve as a Designated School Official for F-1 visa purposes.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Internal Number: obhoafwK
About Suffolk University
Located right in the heart of downtown Boston, Suffolk University gives its students unparalleled access to the city and all it offers.Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites like the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus' Boston and Suffolk blend together. That means our students have incredible access to a wealth of opportunities, whether it's museums and restaurants or internships and co-ops. At the same time, we also take pride in being a personal, student-centered school, where faculty and administrators know students by name. We take the time to recognize each student's promise, figure out what makes him or her tick, and build important mentoring relationships.As we have done since our founding, we strive for one thing at Suffolk: give students the tools they need to be successful, smart, and satisfied at whatever they choose to do.