- Represents the Dean's Office to other administrative units and outside entities and provide support to ensure undisrupted service for the executive leaders and their functions.
- Determines appropriate action and/or follow up, serving as a representative for executives with the ability to carry out appropriate verbal, written and face-to-face communications with, and on behalf of, those individuals.
- Serves as the main point of contact for individuals seeking to speak with and meet with the dean, provides management of the dean’s calendar with high degree of accuracy by scheduling and coordinating meetings, conferences, seminars, special events and travel. Provides on-site technology assistance with video and teleconference connections.
- Provides coordination of communication between the dean and members of the Dean’s Administrative Council, Collegiate faculty and staff as well as internal and external partners.
- Arrange details of meetings for the Dean, College staff, other university employees and external individuals/groups; to including, drafting and finalizing meeting and trip briefings, creating agendas or itineraries, scheduling, securing locations, meals (catering, restaurant reservations), travel (air, ground), lodging, and arrange details for third-party individuals as needed
- Performs web research and prepares materials for dean in support of meetings and special projects.
- Works with the Advancement and Development team to construct and distribute e-mail, web-based, and print materials.
- Utilizes advanced technical skills and independently enhances the appearance and effectiveness of documents, presentations, etc.
- Advances regular and special projects as needed by the Dean or Collegiate leadership team members.
- Coordinates with dean and leadership team in scheduling and planning of various meetings and special events.
- Compose correspondence for internal use as well as to external constituents including letters, memos, and proposals, including charts, graphs and presentations that are complex in nature.
- Develops, manages and maintains filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Regularly monitors documents that are due and compiles information from a variety of resources into various reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Work with administrators of appropriate databases to update/maintain staff information
- Obtain information/generate reports from files/databases available, such as address and phone lists and perform photocopying, filing, faxing and scanning activities as needed
- Process registration for professional memberships, conferences, seminars, reimbursement requests and the like
Faculty and Faculty Governance – 15%
- Facilitates the college's faculty governance which includes facilitating meetings with the dean and faculty
- Ensures faculty questions, concern, problems or complaints are addressed by providing informative and useful solutions
- Manages the faculty consultative committee for the College
- Monitors, develops and distributes agendas, presentation materials and minutes.
Events and Special Projects – 15%
-Coordinates programs and projects such as; Respectful Workplace Training, Welcome to the College, Staff Appreciation Day and any other programs or events requested
-Functions as content expert on webpages and page master for Dean’s office and Admin units
-Facilitates senior administrative and departmental chair and director searches, serve as liaison to search committee/search firm, support interviews for candidates, plan and execute visits for finalists, manage visit logistics, and coordinate feedback and follow up communication.
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
Bachelor's degree in business administration with at least 2 years of experience supporting an executive leader or a combination of education and relevant administrative experience to total six years. Must have experience supporting an executive-level leader administratively. Experience managing complex electronic calendaring and arranging meetings. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs required. Must have advanced software proficiency skills including efficient command of word, excel, access, power point, secured database use, exercise high degree of proficiency with electronic mail and calendaring systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in an institution of higher education. Demonstrated ability to improve customer service satisfaction and client relationships. Previous work with financial documents; such as, purchase orders and expense reimbursements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Selection Criteria
Takes the initiative to utilize organizational knowledge, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Ability to identify and resolve conflicts proactively and independently (e.g., double booking).
Takes initiative to identify and communicate meeting and process discrepancies (e.g., missing information, inappropriate meeting sequencing, missing invitees, etc.).
Excellent executive office management skills
Ability to organize and prioritize workload, foresee problem areas and initiate appropriate action
Ability to provide accurate, efficient and customer friendly service
Proven ability to support multiple professionals simultaneously
Ability to exercise professional and independent judgment in a fast paced office setting
Takes initiative to identify and communicate errors, omissions and/or discrepancies across a broad range of meeting activities (e.g., topic alignment between meetings, etc).
Proven formal written and verbal business communication skills
Ability to execute miscellaneous tasks to support the efficient administration of the Dean’s Office
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and professionals simultaneously.
Must demonstrate ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
Ability to promote cooperation and teamwork
Demonstrates excellent customer service to external/internal customers using a flexible, respectful and courteous approach to process inquiries and facilitate solutions.
Ability to remain seated at computer for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry boxes of office supplies such as paper and books weighing up to 20 lbs.
Internal Number: 331684
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.