Area Security Manager (Florham Park, NJ)-1902498 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Area Security Manager (1902498) - Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to have managerial responsibility for the security program within your assigned area of responsibility.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education and managerial experience working in an internal security department within a manufacturing environment, you will identify, develop, implement, and maintain security practices and processes (in accordance with governing regulations and policies) to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of information, financial, assets, physical, personal, and reputation risk.
* Your strong leadership and interpersonal skills will serve you well as you have indirect supervisory responsibility over site security representatives and a third-party guard force in your assigned area. You will also use these skills to manage vendor contractor performance within your assigned area to ensure maximum performance.
* Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will develop networks throughout all functions and levels to influence and drive security initiatives.
* U sing your strong communication skills, you will brief site leadership on the status of security issues and emerging threats.
* Working independently with limited supervision and solid organizational skills, you will develop budgets and prepare capital expense and POM projects for review and approval.
* Your ability to handle high-level, sensitive matters that require sound judgment and discretion will be essential as you p articipate in crisis management planning & training efforts and lead the on-the-scene crisis response in the event of a significant incident.
* Your thorough understanding of relevant federal and local regulations, as well as internal policies and guidelines, will be critical as you ensure the area or site's compliance with requirements.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable .
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.