The City of Lexington is seeking an experienced professional to serve as City Manager, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the City government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field; a Master’s degree is preferred;
• Five or more years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of City government operations. Local government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy or assistant is desirable.
• A record of being an active, visible member of the community, through engaged participation in local activities and as a City resident.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager is desirable.
• A demonstrated track record of successful grant awards, administration and completion.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Application Process Initial review of candidates will begin on September 9, 2019. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. Timely submittal will ensure the most advantageous review. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations and professional references to The Berkley Group, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be directed to:
Margaret M. Schmitt The Berkley Group P.O. Box 181 Bridgewater, Virginia 22812 Email: email@example.com Mobile: (434) 581-5814
The Mission of The Industrial Development Authority of Halifax County, Virginia is to improve Halifax Co., Virginia through increased employment and economic growth. We will achieve this by retaining and expanding our current businesses and attracting new businesses through expansion and improvements of business critical location factors and our community at large.
Our bywords - Brighter, Bolder, Business – convey who we are, what we do, and those businesses and industries for whom we are a good fit. Halifax has positioned itself well to meet the needs of its current and target industry sectors through 30 years of effective planning and implementation of Land acquisition and management, Labor training and education and Capital incentive programs and offsets.
The IDA attracts and cultivates business and industry through a comprehensive network of partners and community assets. Halifax County has established assets important to existing or prospective businesses that can offset a portion of their capital costs depending on where they are in their business cycle. Click here to learn more about our Assets.
The Industrial Development Authority of Halifax County, established in ...1971, is a separately chartered political subdivision of the Commonwealth, allowing us to act with exceptional speed and agility, similar to our most successful businesses.