Provides strategic oversight and leadership to all behavioral health services throughout UCHealth. Leads strategic, growth and operational objectives across the UCHealth system to manage behavioral health service delivery. Collaborates with executive leadership on the development of infrastructure supporting the development of a behavioral health service line, health system operations, workforce development, internal and external stakeholder partnerships, financial planning, budgeting, policy-making and administration.
* Determines and provides executive accountability and oversight for:
o Director, Mountain Crest
o Director, CeDAR and UCH Behavioral Health Service Line
* Provides strategic direction with matrix oversight of Behavioral Health support in emergency departments, urgent cares, inpatient and ambulatory settings.
* Works with UCHealth leadership and the University of Colorado School of Medicine leadership on strategic initiatives for Behavioral Health services.
* Directs the work of the Behavioral Health Service Line Program Manager, Educator and Analytics Manager.
* Works with UCHealth, Department of Psychiatry, and University of Colorado School of Medicine leadership, UCHMG and facility on strategic initiatives for Behavioral Health related services.
* Responsible for driving decisions related to EMR documentation builds for behavioral health screening, assessment tools, documentation templates, order sets, and transition documents. Responsible for the development, iteration, management and governance of behavioral health quality and performance analytics; including Epic build for behavioral health screening, assessment tools, documentation templates, order sets and transition documents
* Accountable for data governance development and management of behavioral health quality and performance analytics.
* Develops and maintains system level job descriptions, organizational development plans, educational support and retention of professionals and associates supporting the Behavioral Health Service Line;
* Provides regular reviews of Behavioral Health operations to ensure quality patient care and staff support needs are met.
* Develops comprehensive finance and operations plans for programmatic development of both behavioral health and substance use service lines in collaboration with UCHealth, Department of Psychiatry, and University of Colorado School of Medicine leadership and updates this plan periodically as the guiding strategic framework for the service line.
* Supports the development of a comprehensive telehealth/virtual health presence for behavioral health and substance use services.
* Serves as Chair of the Behavioral Health Governance Committee for UCHealth.
* Serves staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Establish annual and quarterly objectives and key results for the service line and execute action plan to achieve the results.
* UCHealth integrated Behavioral Health care programs and services
* Partners with Government Relations office to advocate for legislation, policies and regulation that are favorable to behavioral health and substance abuse programs.
* Responsible for overseeing and managing the financial performance of the service line (sets annual operating and capital budget).
* Responsible for improving quality, safety and the patient experience across the behavioral health service line. Note: compare with VP of Operations position description
* Master's Degree required, MBA or MHA preferred
* PhD preferred in Psychology, Social work, Counseling, or related specialty.
* Five (5) years of relevant experience in a management or leadership role in behavioral healthcare and/or substance abuse services.
* Experience with a virtual healthcare delivery model preferred.
* It is preferred that candidates possess a valid Colorado Behavioral Health License
Skills and Abilities
* Within the scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and take appropriate action.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
For confidential inquiries, please send your resume to Rachel.Lytle@uchealth.org
Internal Number: 7888
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.