Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The specific role is in the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) group. Within the Global function, this role will be in the London Office of Morgan Stanley, specifically in the Legal Entity Control (LEC) area. The London LEC team consists of 15 staff, working on a range of projects, regulatory and statutory reporting and control functions, specific to the main PRA regulated entities in the Morgan Stanley group. Regulated entities controlled by the team has a balance sheet >$450Bn and annual revenues >$5Bn.
A legal entity associate level role exists for an individual with good financial accounting skills and a strong sense of guardianship. The candidate must have well-developed communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to build a high level of credibility with management.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Production of key month end adjustment process required for IFRS reporting including presentation of results to Executive Director for sign-off;
- Preparation and delivery of Profit & Loss (Revenue and Expense) reporting to tight deadlines including commentary supporting monthly and quarterly movements including presentation of results to Executive Directors for sign-off;
- Preparation and delivery of additional external reporting including Federal Reserve, and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission reporting as well as Office for National Statistics submissions including presentation of results to Executive Directors for sign-off where required;
- Monthly due diligence and sign-off of account balances;
- Liaise with various Product Control, Expense Control, Tax, Transfer Pricing Control and Balance Sheet Management groups around the globe;
- Liaise with Controllers of branches of the entities;
- Involvement in developing, innovating and re-engineering existing processes through exposure to key firm projects; and
- Escalation of issues to Management.
The role provides an excellent exposure to a broad range of financial issues, corporate governance and product accounting and involves regular interaction with a varied range of groups.
Skills required (essential)
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:-
- Strong time management skills
- Inquisitive and analytical minded.
- Highly committed and self-motivated.
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be confident and have strong communication skills.
- Providing timely, accurate and professional responses in a deadline driven role is one of the main focuses of the group.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required. The ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Pro-active in solving ad hoc requests / issues
- Experience with MS Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Qualified ACA or equivalent or studying towards this.
- Knowledge of financial products or experience in an investment banking environment would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP accounting.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 6284928
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.