Lambda Legal seeks a Database and Reports Associate to join their Development Department. This position will be primarily responsible for maintaining constituent and gift records, performing data entry, maintaining a daily cash log spreadsheet, running daily and monthly reports, and performing revenue reconciliations.
Who We Are
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
Since 1973, Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships, fight HIV discrimination, win marriage equality, and advance the rights of transgender people. Contributions from supporters nationwide enable a growing budget of approximately $19M. Clients are not charged for legal representation or advocacy and Lambda Legal receives no government funding. Headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington, DC.
We believe that serving the full breadth of the LGBT and HIV communities requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. Part of what makes us successful is an understanding and awareness that civil rights go beyond face value. The intersectionality of discrimination doesn’t end with sexual orientation or gender identity – it reaches into the depths of race, religion, national origin, education, and class. Acknowledging that this reality exists in the world and in our organization, we prioritize awareness and proactive commitment to counteracting them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Gift Entry: Handle primary gift entry for all offline gifts including, Lockbox donations and all gifts requiring special handling (EFTs, Stock Gifts, etc). Examine all entries ensuring database integrity which includes; verifying funds are allocated properly to appeal, partner's gifts are soft credited, honorarium and memorial donations are set up and acknowledged, matching gift arrangements are processed.
• Constituent Management: Review and create individual and organization database records as needed. Perform other maintenance tasks (such as merging records) as required. Make adjustments to records when requested.
• Donation and Revenue Maintenance: Prepare daily income report. Prepare and complete daily bank deposit. Record all gift batches on our cash log and reconcile the Development database reports to the cash log on a daily basis.
• Reports: Run daily closing reports (income summary) at the end of each day to make sure Raiser’s Edge ties into our daily income. Work with Database and Reports Manager to generate monthly reports and queries to reconcile our Raiser’s Edge numbers with our accounting department’s numbers. Run maintenance queries and reports to ensure data integrity.
• Matching Gift Program Maintenance: Manages and maintains Lambda Legal’s matching gift / workplace giving program. Implements the entry of matching gift records into Raiser's Edge and insures that all new pledges, changes and deletions are submitted to matching gift agencies on a regular basis.
• Support: Respond to inquiries regarding entered data, and make corrections as needed. (Including but not limited to name/address/salutation integrity, gift allocation, pledge payments, giving levels, marital status, event information, solicitor credits, and donor attributes).
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The position is open until filled. Send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words “Database and Reports Associate” in the subject line of your email.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and does not notify applicants of status except when an interview is granted.
The Database and Reports Associate must be incredibly detail oriented and comfortable processing large amounts of gift data with a high degree of accuracy. They must have non-profit database experience, preferably with Raiser's Edge and should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. They must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to work well with others.
Working at Lambda Legal requires a demonstrated awareness of and commitment to the concerns of the breadth of the communities that Lambda Legal serves. Prior work on behalf of the LGBT community and/or people living with HIV is highly desirable, and some experience working with historically marginalized communities (in a professional or volunteer capacity) is required. Any successful candidate will welcome the opportunity to work in a gender-diverse and racially-diverse environment.
Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBT, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of a midsize not-for-profit. Competitive benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, employer contributions to retirement account, and substantial vacation.
About Lambda Legal
Who We Are
Founded in 1973, Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we do not charge our clients for legal representation or advocacy, and we receive no government funding. We depend on contributions from supporters around the country.
What We Do
We select cases that will have the greatest impact in protecting and advancing the rights of LGBT people and those with HIV.
We lead high-impact public education campaigns to help people exercise the rights they have and to build public support for equality.
We advocate for public policy at the local, state and federal levels to improve the lives of LGBT people, people affected by HIV, and their families and allies.