To perform the coordination, negotiation and management of moderately complex proposals and contracts under minimal supervision. Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government, and commercial contracting methods, including policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide appropriate leadership and support during proposal, fact-find, negotiation, and day to day contracting activities. The individual is expected to independently demonstrate leadership in contracting strategy and methods, and be proficient in research and presentation skills. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial and international contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR and other government regulations.
• Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
• Research and make recommendations on proposal and contract language. Ensure that all necessary functions review recommendations and terms, with minimal direction and guidance needed from the Contracts Manager.
• Lead contract negotiations and collaborate with customers in definitizing contracts under general guidance from the Contracts Manager.
• Research and provide presentations on Acquisition/Contracting topics, strategies, and approaches of moderate complexity.
• Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
• Under the supervision of a Contract Manager analyze and prepare various agreements encountered in the business, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), Teaming Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement, Strategic Alliances, and others as the opportunity presents.
• Lead or support fact-finding and other audit activities.
• Participate in final stages of assigned contract by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
• Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assist in data collection for monthly/quarterly reporting to Management.
• Act as primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as Proprietary Information Agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts Manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
• Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
• Develop specialized knowledge in an area of contracting such as, but not limited to, international contracting, certain contract types, commercial contracting, joint ventures, strategic alliances and intellectual property.
• May be required by supervisory personnel to prepare contract summaries to assure proper interpretation of the contract(s), perform cost or price analysis and resolution of moderately complex business issues on a special assignment basis.
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) • Perform other duties as assigned.
May work extended hours or weekends. Travel as required to satisfy responsibilities.
Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience with Government Contracts or equivalent experience
Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth herein.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
Develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
Eight or more years of related experience is desired.
Experience with international contracting is desired (FMS and Direct Commercial Sale).
Demonstrated expertise with the FAR/DFARS and working knowledge of Other Transactional Agreements (OTAs) is preferred.
CFCM or CPCM certification from NCMA is desired.
Working knowledge of negotiating and drafting licensing agreements and understanding of the FAR/DFAR rules concerning assertion of intellectual property rights is preferred.
Working knowledge of Independent Research and Development (IR&D) programs and Engineering services support contracts is highly preferred.
Internal Number: 52476BR
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression