As part of the Central Bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts
The Applications Unit in the Supervision, Regulation, and Credit Department (SRC) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston has an opening for a Senior Analyst to analyze various applications filed by First District banks, bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. In analyzing such proposals, analysts assess the financial condition and managerial resources of the applicant, the competitive, regulatory and legal implications of the proposed transaction and the convenience and needs of the communities to be served. The unit will consider candidates with a wide-range of regulatory and legal review experience, from the legal, banking, regulatory and financial sector.
Given the legal and regulatory compliance review encompassed within the position, the unit will also consider JDs for the position with financial analysis experience, training or education.
· Conduct regulatory, legal and financial analyses of financial institutions in the First District. Research and propose resolutions to associated legal, regulatory and supervisory issues identified in connection with applications, notices, requests for determinations and other filings submitted by these institutions.
· Document analyses relative to regulatory filings and research in support of new or proposed policies and/or procedures in well-developed written work products and present findings clearly and succinctly to peers, executives and external audiences.
· Lead the communications with internal Reserve Bank management and legal staff, Board staff, and external senior management or legal counsel of the applicants.
· Develop and maintain advanced understanding of current laws/regulations, risk management practices, industry/economic trends and the responsibilities of other SRC units through continued formal and on-the-job learning and by providing direct analytical support to other functions as needed. Provide training and/or serve as a mentor to junior level analysts. Contribute to the achievement of department strategic objectives by leading or participating in special Department or System level projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Exemplary analytical expertise that is comfortable with a multitude of data sources and trends, including regulatory and legal.
· Familiarity with banking laws, regulations, policies, and procedures would also be preferable as applicants would be expected to support the applications function by providing interpretation and guidance in matters concerning the Bank Holding Company Act, Federal Reserve Act, Change in Bank Control Act, Home Owners Loan Act, Regulations H, K & Y, and other related laws and regulations.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, including political savvy, understanding the motivation and needs of others, remaining composed under pressure and negotiating within established parameters.
· Adeptly switches between actively participating in team-based work and has the diligence and self-motivation to work independently.
· Possesses the ability to perform adeptly on projects that have time-bound elements with a variety of stakeholders; is strong at time management, critical thinking and organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or the business equivalent of, the completion of a Master's or JD degree plus a minimum of 3 years of job related experience. An advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and/or a professional certification (e.g., CPA, CBA, or CFA) is desirable.
The senior analyst placement level will be determined based upon relevant education and experience.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston employees must comply with ethics rules that generally prohibit employees, their spouses, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you, your spouse, or minor child(ren) own such securities, and you would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Primary Location: MA-Boston Work Locations: Organization: Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Experienced Shift: Day Job Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Internal Number: 6387381
About Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.