Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients, businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firms' software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on developer to join the Firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the SDLC within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers in the Firm for software development and deployment.
The candidate will be working with a global team of experts on modernizing the Firms' SDLC platform. They will be trained to enable Cloud based DevOps tooling. This role affords the opportunity to get in on the ground floor to help realize the development and deployment tooling used by thousands of developers across a diverse tech stack for the next decade.
- Around ten years of relevant experience in IT
- Four or more years of development experience
- Hands-on development experience in Python, Java, or C#
- Highly technical and passionate about SDLC tooling and processes.
- Familiar with the tools of the trade experience working with multiple SCM systems, code review systems, issue tracking tools, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs. Prior experience building DevOps pipelines or integration tools with git, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, TFS, or Azure DevOps would be a strong asset.
- Experience integrating development and deployment tools with Azure or AWS.
- Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project in an agile, globally-distributed environment.
- Interested in getting to bottom of things - to understand how they work and why.
- Knowledge of French and English is required.
- First-hand experience with pitfalls of Docker and Kubernetes and understanding of how to use these them to realize enterprise scale software distribution
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 09/10/2019.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-FM1
Internal Number: 6524865
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.