Job ID: 2019-6515 Type: NYU IT (WS1170) # of Openings: 1 Category: Business/Professional Administrative New York University
The Senior Director of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for developing and executing the overall vision, mission, goals and strategies for the IT PMO. This position will ensure that IT programs and projects meet organizational goals and requirements, deliver desired outcomes, and are executed with consistency and the highest project management standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, direct and be accountable for the overall performance of the IT PMO team in the delivery of IT projects.
- Develop and handle comprehensive project portfolio, budgets, resource allocations, and costs with overall accountability for portfolio performance, using KPI's and metrics.
- Establish and facilitate effective project management governance, oversight and prioritization in support of organization's objectives.
- Adopt and adhere to change management best practices, ensuring IT teams, partners and stakeholders are engaged and informed appropriately throughout the project lifecycle.
- Serve as an escalation point, providing conflict resolution to drive top quality, on-time/budget delivery.
- Oversee the development of roadmaps, identifying and addressing interdependencies, risks and constraints.
- Apply risk management assessment in project planning/ongoing execution and resolves issues and conflicts associated with management of multiple complex high-priority projects.
- Drive continuous improvement in project quality, velocity and results
- Lead project management team, establish performance expectations and standards, serve as a role-model and provide leadership direction to PMs throughout project lifecycle.
- Create organizational credibility with respect to all project management deliverables and process efficiencies by instilling the culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability for outcomes.
We demonstrate ourcorebeliefseveryday in our interactions, attitude and performance.
People at the heart of everything we do:We listen to our clients, and colleagues, and use our expertise to anticipate and address their needs.
Create space to innovate:We challenge assumptions and seek out fresh perspectives and new ways of thinking to fuel our productivity.
Right promise. Right delivery:We set clear goals and priorities, and execute with speed and agility to deliver better results.
Share information. Build trust:We engage in open and honest communications that reflect inclusiveness, fairness and respect for each other.
Teams and partnerships work. Boundaries don’t:We collaborate to maximize the value we bring to NYU because our best ideas come from working together.
Insist on excellence:We take pride in what we do, strive to improve constantly and hold ourselves accountable for the results.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Business Administration, Technology Leadership, PMP or equivalent certified PMP
Required Experience: 7+ years PMO Experience 5+ years Leadership Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal skills with validated ability to influence at all levels and lead cross-functional teams in an environment of contending interests and limited resources. Excellent verbal and written communications skills complemented by solid business and technical background, and keen interest in business operations, process improvement, and change impact. Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions. Understands business vision, the strategic direction, and the impact technology can have on these priorities and demonstrates ability to align with organizational priorities and objectives. Strong financial management capabilities. Familiarity with the Agile Scrum framework.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Track record of of successfully executing portfolio, program and project management, preferably building a PMO from the ground up.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.