Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Operations Risk & Regulatory Control performs various independent functions to ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations. The team focuses on implementing appropriate internal controls, business processes, and internal management reporting and analysis to mitigate operational risk and fulfil regulatory reporting requirements.
The EMEA ORG team is focused on fulfilling a wide range of essential risk management and governance requirements including; EMEA Board, Firm Risk, Regulatory and Operations Senior Management risk reporting (including the EMEA CORR; and UKSMR incident escalation and reporting processes); driving Global Operations RCSA programme execution (including maintenance of HIF and Key controls inventories) and NPA coordination. Ultimately the team operates to ensure Morgan Stanley is effectively operating robust risk management systems and controls in line with applicable laws & regulations.
- Support and deliver the Global Operations RCSA programme including a wide range of enhancements to that process
- Support and deliver the renovated Global Operations NPA process via the transition of NPA to the QWEST workflow; Manage and govern global Operations NPA activity
- Support and engage with EMEA risk management and Senior Risk Leads globally to identify, monitor and report on-going EMEA operational risks
- Support preparation of the monthly EMEA operations Risk meeting; influencing and driving actions to remediate risk and progress the risk agenda
- Prepare EMEA Operations regular risk reporting, including input to multiple operations and firm wide governance forums; and to regulators
- Support the daily review and challenge of operational risk incidents through the UKSMR escalation process
- Proven stakeholder management skills and ability to influence others
- Proactive and self-managing approach; taking responsibility for deliverables and creating solutions and approaches where necessary
- Proven experience of report preparation and governance
- Previous experience within Risk, Audit or Compliance functions
- Knowledge of Operations functions
- Demonstrates resilience
- Good IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Internal Number: 6470863
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.