Thomas Edison State University provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate education for self-directed adults through flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning and assessment opportunities. One of New Jersey’s senior public institutions of higher education, the University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 100 areas of study. At Thomas Edison State University we embrace a diverse and dynamic workforce that drives innovation, learner success and organizational growth. We welcome you to apply to be a part of our team.
The Regional Military Base Representative position is an hourly pay position. The Regional Military Base Representative will be located within easy access to military bases determined by the University as high need areas.
Examples of Work:
- Setting up and providing briefings of Thomas Edison State University degrees and programs at various military bases.
- Individual counseling of military members as well as other people associated with the military regarding Thomas Edison State University degrees and programs. These sessions will be conducted and coordinated through the local military voluntary education system.
- Ensure students applications are received and processed by the appropriate Thomas Edison State University office.
- Ensure course registrations are completed properly and processed by appropriate Thomas Edison State University office.
- If necessary proctor course examination for Thomas Edison State University courses.
- Prepare reports as required by the Director of Military Outreach and Veteran Affairs as well as various military bases.
- Liaison between Military Education Office, students in area and Thomas Edison State University
- Respond to student and military education counselor email request/inquires
- Marketing of the program in region in conjunction with main offices Marketing Department.
- Distribution of and management of Thomas Edison State University materials
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Director of Military Outreach and Veteran Affairs
*This is a temporary/hourly position not to exceed 17 hours per week*
How to Apply:
Resumes and applications for this position will only be accepted online through ADP Workforce Now at:
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.