Position Summary:Provide training, conduct research, and act as advocates for psychology.
May provide individual, family, or group psychotherapy and may design and implement behavior modification programs. May collaborate with physicians and other specialists to develop and implement treatment and intervention programs that patients can understand and comply with.
Oversee psychology students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting family and group therapy sessions.
2. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team composed of psychologists, nursing, providers and other disciplines to provide holistic or comprehensive medical and counseling services to patients.
3. May train graduate students in the delivery of mental health and behavioral medicine services.
4. They help mentally and emotionally distressed clients adjust to life and may assist medical and surgical patients in dealing with illnesses or injuries.
5. May counsel clients who are dealing with personal crisis, such as divorce or the death of a loved one.
6. May assist with the administration of community mental health programs.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparing diagnostic reports for law examiners, judges, government officials, physicians, school officials.
Other related duties as assigned.
Special Skill Sets
Excellent interpersonal, verbal as well as written skills.
Knowledge of practices and principles of surgery, psychiatry, medicine, and neurology.
Knowledge of current practices and other theories in the metal health field.
Knowledge of research techniques and methods.
Able to diagnose mental illness and treat them.
Should be able to deal efficiently with emotionally disturbed adults and children.
Able to prescribe appropriate medicines to treat psychological and physical disorders.
Ability to interpret the health care treatment programs to medical professionals, relatives of patients, staff, and others.
Ability to conduct family and group therapy sessions.
Ability to maintain positive public relations.
Able to communicate with others effectively.
Required Licensure and/or Certification:
State of Illinois license and CPR
A doctoral degree usually is required for independent practice as a psychologist. Psychologists with a Ph.D. or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) qualify for a wide range of teaching, research, clinical, and counseling positions in universities, health care services, elementary and secondary schools, private industry, and government. Psychologists with a doctoral degree often work in clinical positions or in private practices, but they also sometimes teach, conduct research, or carry out administrative responsibilities.
About Near North Health Service Corporation
Near North Health Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Mission of Near North Health Service Corporation (NNHSC) is to provide access to high quality health care and to improve the health and well-being of the diverse populations and communities we serve. We are a culturally sensitive, patient centered community health center that empowers individuals through education and health prevention, regardless of one’s ability to pay.