Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Food Scientist provides analytical services to Research and Development and/or conducts analytical research concerned with the chemical, biological and physical nature of food in order to evaluate and improve the quality of existing food products and related processes and to develop new products and processes. You will lead projects or portions of projects in food technology experimentation including taste-test panel evaluation and document results for review. You will usually work in a laboratory complex or pilot plant utilizing equipment and scientific instrumentation. At this level, you work under general supervision and will independently seek moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Develops new food products and oversees the development process from initial conception to commercialization.
• Plans and conducts research activities that evaluate new or revised products, ingredients, or formulations for taste, texture, shelf stability, or nutritional profile.
• Gathers, processes, and analyzes results and data.
• Assesses production processes and makes recommendations for improvements that are meant to reduce waste or cost or increase quality or profitability.
• Assists with the development of product labeling or marketing documents and maintenance of a product specification database.
• Applies scientific principles towards food products that are healthful, safe, palatable, and convenient.
• Develops new or innovative ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivery of foods.
• Develops ways to assure compliance with government food regulations.
• Collaborates with research chemistry teams so we can develop new flavoring ingredients.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Advanced Degree (M.S., PH.D) in Science, Food Science, or related field
• Minimum 2 years of directly related work experience
• Strong research skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills
• Intermediate project management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Internal Number: WIC04442
About Cargill Protein
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.ke