* Assist chemistry students with forms and procedures such as add/drop, enrollment, substitutions, waivers, printing degree audit, etc.
* Assist in advising process (students have always been free to come to the office and inquire about their degree)
* Experiential learning record keeping and coordinator
* Undergraduate Committees scheduling and meetings
* Recruiting matters, including Slate coordination and reviewing apps
* Work with faculty to review apps for potential students, including setting up meetings and file review in Slate by faculty
* Screen and appropriately distribute messages; schedule and/or arrange appointments as necessary; arrange travel and accommodations; request, receive and provide a variety of information.
* Compose routine correspondence; proofread and/or finalize correspondence, reports, or other documents.
* May maintain equipment and supply inventory.
* Answer phones and greet visitors, students, customers or other guests; provide general information and assist in preparation of forms as needed; direct and/or refer individuals to appropriate destination.
* Perform a variety of office support duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Proficient keyboarding skills are necessary.
Competency with computer-based office software and web-based applications, or ability to become proficient within a few weeks may be necessary depending on the position available.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
We are a first class University looking for dynamic faculty and staff to join us as we continue to achieve our mission of excellence.You've come to the right place to find your new career or to make the leap to the next level. Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional in your field, chances are we have the right opportunity for you.Why? Because Missouri S&T is not just a world-renowned educational and research institution; it is one of the biggest, most versatile employers in south central Missouri. We don't just have first-rate faculty and students; we have first-rate staff, too! Whether you are a financial professional, a plumber, a research scientist, a custodian, a graphic designer, or a coach, working at S&T means you are part of something big — you're making a difference in the world.We have it all: challenging and engaging work, a wide variety of jobs to fit your career goals, great benefits, career development and training, work-life balance, beautiful surroundings, a rich tradition and history, a sense of community and belonging, and a proven commitment to diversity in the workplace.