PHARMACIST- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ROBOTICS Job Number: 00123584
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2019, 4:15:47 PM Closing Date: Nov 12, 2019, 5:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Posting Salary : $66.50
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Pharmacist - Information Technology/Robotics provides, technical and administrative direction and support relating to the design, build management, training, assessment, and monitoring of technology, information systems, equipment and databases in the Department of Pharmacy.
* Evaluates system operations for safe and effective use of automation and technology services.
* Maintains the department's technology services in accordance with all accepted ethical and professional practices and legal requirements.
* Ensures that the department's technology services conform to accrediting body standards.
* Build and maintenance of Cerner
* Support and vendor interaction with other pharmacy related software to support medication process for a two hospital system and outpatient pharmacies
* Participate in the planning, development, implementation, upgrading, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems
* Must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
* Must be licensed as a Pharmacist in the State of Illinois.
* Must have successfully completed of a Clinical Pharmacy Residency.
* Proficient in operating a personal computer and associated application used for entering pharmaceutical information and running reports.
* Previous inpatient pharmacy experience, Cerner Millennium applications, including design, build testing and maintenance of PharmNet and medication process in PowerChart experience
* Pharmacy Informatics Residency or fellowship training
* Two (2) years of pharmacy IT experience
* Additional certification and/or training in pharmacy automation or pharmacy technology services
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations relating to relevant pharmacy practice, pharmaceutical entities and their generic and scientific names, clinical pharmacy applications, drug information programs, unit dose and I.V. programs, inventory control, purchasing, automation and data processing systems as applicable.
* Skill in the use of a Microsoft Office products, relevant pharmacy automation, and data processing software/hardware is highly desirable.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER