The Position The City of Clayton (population 13,000), is seeking a progressive leader with demonstrated successful abilities in local government management and a commitment to service delivery excellence. Clayton is a relatively new city, which is the product of a merger of the Village of Clayton and Randolph Township in 1998. The City continues to evolve and develop under its home rule charter and council-manager form of government. It presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, qualified professional to continue the momentum and progress the City has achieved in recent years.
The City Manager is appointed by a majority vote of the members of Council and is responsible for the day-to-day municipal operations. S/he is charged with the appointment and oversight of all municipal personnel except the Clerk of Council and Law Director.
The City Manager oversees the operations of the various municipal departments including: Police, Fire, Public Service, Planning/ Zoning/Code Enforcement, and Finance. The City employs 85 to 90 full-time equivalent personnel on an annual basis. Clayton comprises a geographic size of 18.4 square miles, offering ample opportunity for future growth.
The Ideal Candidate Will…
• Have a passion for local government -S/he will be a consensus builder who leads by example and is able to make difficult decisions when needed.
• Possess a proven ability to work with and earn the respect and trust of elected officials, regional leaders, peers, and subordinates.
• Have a vision for the future of Clayton that will embrace creativity, innovation and technology while maintaining a respect for those within the organization.
• Have experience with economic development tools and possess the financial acumen to assist with their fiscally responsible implementation.
• Pay attention to detail and hold subordinates accountable while balancing a leadership style of firmness and fairness in his/her approach to city management.
• Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable representing Clayton in various group settings.
• Create an atmosphere of inclusion within the workplace and establish and monitor clear strategies for the implementation of definable goals and objectives.
• Be visible and accessible and maintain and cultivate productive relationships with the business community and other area governments and agencies.
• Work closely with the local school system and area educational institutions for the betterment of the entire community.
For more information, please visit the position brochure at:
The new City Manager is expected to begin work by March 2020. If you are interested in this outstanding career opportunity, please submit a cover letter, detailed resume and compensation expectations by Friday, November 8, 2019 to: Gregory Horn: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 937-478-6385
Additional Salary Information: The current compensation package includes an annual salary range of $115,000 - $129,000 with generous benefits. The ultimate compensation and benefit offering for the successful candidate will be commensurate with his/her qualifications.
About City of Clayton, OH
Management Partners is a professional management consulting firm specializing in helping government organizations improve their operations. We identify problems and best practices that reveal ways to improve operations, and we take pride in delivering a quality product designed for implementation.
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.