Is held accountable for policies and procedures of the department, organization, and CHI. Additionally, the position serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision and Behavior Standards of CHI St. Alexius Health Williston Medical Center. Administers Patient care program in the hospital to maintain standards of patient care and advises medical staff, Directors and Managers in matters related to patient care services.
1. Is responsible for administration of departments within the division including, Surgical Services, Behavioral Health, Inpatient Clinical Practice, Outpatient Clinical Practice, Pharmacy, Radiology, Rehab Services, Cancer Treatment Center, Lab, and Spiritual Care.
2. Patient Safety Officer-Assures the organization (employees and medical staff) understand the implications and processes related to the National Patient Safety Goals
3. LEAD Facilitator as needed for Managers and Directors in collaboration with co-coach and HR Director.
4. Service Excellence
5. Ongoing monitoring of financials with performance management goals reported monthly
6. Coaching and Mentoring of Direct Reports
7. Participation in committee (Medical Staff, Nursing Leadership, JCAHO, CRP, Safety, Education, QSC) meetings. Attends specific department unit meetings annually.
8. Rounding all areas twice per week.
9. Patient Advocate-investigate patient complaints and seek optimal outcome.
10. Collaboration with non-patient care areas in order to eliminate “silo-effect”.
11. Remain current on Nursing practice standards and the provision of care.
12. Review and sign all patient care areas policies and procedures.
13. Implementation of Shared Governance in nursing areas.
3. Education: BSN from a four year college or university, or Masters degree in Administration
4. Experience: Two years related experience and/or training
5. Required licensure: Nursing License in good standing with the State of North Dakota
About CHI Health
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.