The Biller/Collector is responsible for timely and appropriate collection of monies from payors and/or patients to ensure financial success for its Cedars-Sinai Medical Center facilities, Foundation and associated Affiliates. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the PB revenue cycle, Commercial and Government payor guidelines, overseeing collections, accounts receivable and insurance credits.
* Prepares refund request(s) for any monies identified as a duplicate, erroneous or overpayment due to the patient or insurance company.
* Supports the Physician Billing revenue cycle as needed by identifying, analyzing and resolving problem accounts within CS Link.
* Individual must be able to work through long lists of accounts in a timely manner with minimal supervision, be a quick learner, follow detailed instructions, provide feedback on the development of job aids, and track individual production results on a weekly basis.
* Review various CS Link work queues to review and resolve account specific issues; suggest action plan(s) to streamline processes.
* Clearly and accurately documents within the Epic system every account worked, including any action(s) taken and/or a summary of issues addressed; maintains appropriate documentation of action taken.
* Responds timely and accurately to all incoming inquiries from payers, patients, and other appropriate parties in an efficient and courteous manner. Reports any trends on incoming inquiries to management team for appropriate follow-up.
* Demonstrates teamwork and assists in developing skills of team members as needed.
* Assists the management team with special accounts/projects as assigned.
* Escalates to management team trends and issues that negatively impact the revenue cycle.
* Performs additional duties/responsibilities/projects as assigned by the management team.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.