St. Augustine College is an independent institution of higher education created under the auspices of the Episcopal Diocese to make the American system of higher education accessible to a diverse student population. The college’s Institute for Workforce Education (IWE) provides hundreds of customized training programs to the healthcare, manufacturing, non-profit, construction, service, and TDL sectors of the Chicago economy. IWE is largest college-base workforce development programs in the State of Illinois annually serving over 2,000 students.
Under the supervision of the Training Program Manager this position serves as the key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning construction, project management, estimating, blueprint reading and other skills as indicated in the essential job functions below. Preferred candidates will have previous experience training adults in the workplace setting in Construction Management, Project Management, Estimating, Bidding, Blueprint Reading, Carpentry/Electricity or other construction trades.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
1. Deliver training courses in public, open enrollment programs and at client sites. Experience in adapting training techniques to students of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
2. Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for course development or for client customized training programs. Participate on engagement teams to deliver project management coaching or consulting services, as needed.
3. Teach and promote a high level of continuous improvement and learning. Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
4. Follow institute’s training protocols and systems including student evaluations, and timely and accurate submission of required course paperwork.
5. Participate in quarterly program information and improvement sessions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field with and at least 5 years of work experience in Construction Management, Construction Project Management, Carpentry, or other construction trade. NCCER Teacher Certification preferred.
2. Two to five years of training delivery experience, and experience adapting training techniques to students of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
3. Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
4. Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills are required.
5. Ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and other organizations.
6. Self-directed, organized, and innovative with a well-developed sense of customer service and professionalism.
7. Sensitivity to socially and ethnically diverse communities.
8. Highly developed analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please type “Construction Skills Instructor (Workplace Learning)—Contractual” on the subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is the policy of St. Augustine College not to engage in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military, or status as a disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam era and to comply with all federal and state non-discrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders, and regulations.
About Institute for Workforce Education (IWE) at St. Augustine College of Chicago
The Institute for Workforce Education (IWE) is the leading provider of dual-language workforce development services in Illinois. We add value to businesses and organizations by delivering results-driven, customized training services in a responsive, professional manner.
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.