This is a position in the Corporate Compliance Departmentreporting directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Compliance Programs& Oversight. The Corporate Compliance Department is responsible formanaging SVBFGs enterprise compliance risk management program. SVBFG is afinancial holding company; its primary subsidiary is SVB, a bank with globalbranches, and a broker-dealer and investment advisory subsidiaries. Theenterprise-wide compliance program is responsible for identifying the laws,regulations, rules, standards, and codes of conduct applicable to SVBFG.
TheCayman Islands Branch Advisor is specifically responsible for counselingbusiness leaders across SVBFG on regulatory requirements, emerging regulatoryrisks, and on regulatory considerations with respect to the Cayman IslandsBranch. Additionally, the Advisoryfunction provides training tailored to the business unit. The Advisory function regularly communicates,in writing and verbally, to the business unit on regulatory requirements. Further,the Compliance Director participates with members of the Corporate ComplianceDepartment to produce and update an enterprise-wide Compliance Risk Assessmentand he or she monitors, evaluates and reports on proposed regulatory changespotentially effecting SVBFG.
1. Provide subject matter expertise with regard to relevantlaws and regulations to SVBFG business units. Must be able to identifyapplicable compliance requirements, and articulate those requirements to thebusiness unit. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of commercialbanking products. The candidate willhave a strong regulatory background, preferably with the Cayman Islandsregulatory regime, including experience with AML regulations.
2. Collaborate with international colleagues to implemententerprise-wide programs, and ensure consistency in standards.
3. Communicate with business partners verbally, and inwriting, regarding regulatory expectations. This includes providing advice andguidance to the first line of defense on its controls to reduce the inherentrisk.
4. Partner with the business unit in preparation forinternal audits and examinations, including any remediation resulting fromaudits and exams.
5. Develop reporting metrics for Senior Management to showinsight into the state of compliance for the Commercial Bank, and monitorbusiness unit metrics.
6. Participate and provide effective challenge to the Riskand Governance team on risk assessments.
7. Provide guidance to business units on changes to newproducts, services, and geographies.
8. Develop enterprise-wide compliance policies, and reviewbusiness unit procedures that support the enterprise policy.
9. Review and provide training to the business unit on CaymanIslands requirements.
10. Provide recommendations for implementing controls andother risk mitigation measures to addresses existing and emerging risks as wellas related regulatory requirements.
11. Evaluate the business unit processes and controls toidentify vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for developing controls.
12.Due to the fast paced nature of the regulatory and business environments, theposition requires the ability to quickly adapt to change and to multi-taskvarious assignments. The individual must be able to provide compliance guidancethat balances both regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives.The individual will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practicesto determine appropriate action.
Minimum of 10+ years of banking, risk management, oraudit experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience related to financialcrimes or compliance management processes.
Provide subject matter expertise with regard to relevantlaws and regulation and their impact on operations, services, and products ofSilicon Valley Bank, including the development and implementation of industryleading solutions
Knowledge of the risk and governance standards such as COSOframework, and the OECD and Basel Corporate Governance Principles.
Familiarity with Cayman Islands regulations, AML laws andregulations, etc. .
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong understanding of the Compliance Management Systemsand the regulatory frameworks that apply to financial institutions.
Good understanding of regulatory requirements that applyto the financial services sector and banking operations.
Ability to assess processes to identify key controls.
The individual will need the ability to workindependently, take initiative and have strong verbal and written communicationskills.
Good time management and attention to detail are criticalto this position.
Good analytical, research, organizational, and projectmanagement skills. Strong individual contributor with the ability to workeffectively as a team.
Flexibility in learning new topics, handling change anddeadlines
Partner with Compliance Monitoring to help developtesting programs that address regulatory exam findings, internal audit findingsand gaps to help reduce compliance risk across the organization
Must possess a bachelors degree in BusinessAdministration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara Work Locations: Job: Compliances Risk %26 Audit Organization: SVB Financial Group. Schedule: Full-time Job Posting: Oct 23, 2019, 5:08:41 PM
Internal Number: 6733779
About Svb Financial Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.