Thomas Edison State University provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate education for self-directed adults through flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning and assessment opportunities. One of New Jersey’s senior public institutions of higher education, the University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 100 areas of study. At Thomas Edison State University we embrace a diverse and dynamic workforce that drives innovation, learner success and organizational growth. We welcome you to apply to be a part of our team.
The Office of Military and Veteran Education (OMVE) full-time temporary employee for military recruitment position is an hourly pay position. The full-time temporary employee will work 35 hours a week at the OMVE administrative office location in Trenton, NJ and will assist the outreach team in recruiting military affiliated students including veterans and family members.
Examples of Work:
- Conduct individual counseling of military members as well as other people associated with the
military regarding Thomas Edison State University degrees and programs. These sessions will
be conducted and coordinated through the local military voluntary education system
- Assist new students with the application and registration process at the University
- Conduct pre-enrollment counseling to guide new prospective students and applicants
- Participate and complete work through the University CRM and Help Desk ticket system
- Respond and follow up on student inquiries through the University phone system
- Prepare reports as required by the Director of Military Outreach and Veteran Affairs
- Respond to student and military education counselor email request and inquires
- Market University programs in conjunction with main offices Marketing Department.
- Manage and distribute University marketing materials
- Attend education fairs and military recruitment events
- Complete other duties as assigned
2 Full-Time Temporary Positions Available.
This is an hourly position up to 35 hours per week at $25 per hour.
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.