Have you recently passed the Bar Exam? Are you an experienced attorney looking for a healthy work-life balance? We have two openings for Subrogation Attorneys in our corporate office in South Sioux City, Nebraska. Varying levels of professional experience are encouraged to apply. In this position, you will investigate, negotiate, and litigate files where there is potential for third party recovery.
- Coordinate recovery activities and provide legal research and counsel for adjusters in our claims departments.
- Analyze files to determine subrogation potential, negotiate settlements, and provide direction for outside attorneys.
- Correspond with adjusters, agents, and insureds on a consistent and timely basis.
- Attend trials and mediations when necessary.
- J.D. required. Must be licensed to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience in subrogation, workers' compensation, product liability, plaintiff's practice, and/or insurance defense is helpful.
- Working knowledge of insurance law, insurance itself, and legal research is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of legal processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, investigative, conflict resolution, and documentation skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
South Sioux City, Nebraska
Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City, is the location of our large corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, military leave, jury duty, and more
- A formalized management development training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, and Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company.