Provides general/routine administrative and office support for two Military ROTC Departments, and works directly with affiliated faculty, and finance managers. Recurring duties are broad and include the following:
* Manage financial statements for two Military ROTC Departments
* Makes minor changes and updates to Army ROTC Website
* Event planning, to include visiting military officials, to include meals, planning two annual commissioning's of graduating Cadets, to include securing venue, creating and printing invitations and commissioning programs, gift for guest speaker, sending grade request to ensure Cadets will graduate, ensuring you have the most update military certificates and having them printed with correct information.
* Purchasing, reconciling, and general budget management for two ROTC departments
* Monitor Army ROTC email accounts and respond to messages
* On-boarding incoming staff for two ROTC Departments into the University system.
This includes; Creating ePAF's , and obtaining university employee ID numbers, emails, keys, phones, parking, University ID cards, adding new staff to department "Y" drive and group emails. Also, in charge of Terminating individuals that leave the departments in the university system. Military personnel rotate in and out on 3 to 4 year cycles.
* Enter new staff into Course Leaf for the classes they will teach
* Submitting work orders for IT, and Physical Facilities for two ROTC departments
* Helping all staff in two ROTC departments to navigate the university system programs they need to perform their duties or directing them to the correct individuals on campus that can help them.
* Scheduling classrooms for labs and meetings for two ROTC departments
* Scheduling for ROTC Teams that are traveling for competitions with other ROTC programs including; reservations for rooms if needed, and food, making sure that registrations are paid for and tee shirts are ordered for the teams
* Maintain all reoccurring events on calendar to remind staff
* Relaying request from the public to ROTC departments for Color Guard at ceremonies and other military event participations.
* Take photos of cadets, resize and maintain the Cadet board updating each semester
* Overall liaison between the university and the two ROTC departments
* Provide continuity for the two departments with the frequent rotation of Military staff
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
We are a first class University looking for dynamic faculty and staff to join us as we continue to achieve our mission of excellence.You've come to the right place to find your new career or to make the leap to the next level. Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional in your field, chances are we have the right opportunity for you.Why? Because Missouri S&T is not just a world-renowned educational and research institution; it is one of the biggest, most versatile employers in south central Missouri. We don't just have first-rate faculty and students; we have first-rate staff, too! Whether you are a financial professional, a plumber, a research scientist, a custodian, a graphic designer, or a coach, working at S&T means you are part of something big — you're making a difference in the world.We have it all: challenging and engaging work, a wide variety of jobs to fit your career goals, great benefits, career development and training, work-life balance, beautiful surroundings, a rich tradition and history, a sense of community and belonging, and a proven commitment to diversity in the workplace.