The I-MICU RN provides care to an assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and a multidisciplinary plan of care.
This RN utilizes independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications and achieve optimal patient responses.
This role approaches all patients from a patient-centered care perspective.
Shift: 7P – 7A
- 1 Year Critical Care Experience
CERTIFICATION / LICENSURE
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
- External experienced RNs must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education is assigned challenge exam(s).
- Internal experienced RNs changing specialties must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education is assigned challenge exam(s).
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to provide continuous assessment, consult with other team members as required and provide nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must exercise independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Internal Number: 1
About Parkland Health & Hospital System
With a team of over 10,000 employees at our main hospital and surrounding area clinics, Parkland is one of the largest public hospital systems in the country. For over 100 years, we remain dedicated to providing the best patient experience for those in our care.
As a Parkland team member, you have the opportunity to apply your skills and talents as well as advance your knowledge and career goals. We offer meaningful careers that build on our vision of defining the standards of excellence in public health.
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.