Massachusetts College of Art and Design is seeking individuals who are interested in joining the Facilities team. Incumbents of positions in this series perform janitorial, custodial, housekeeping, grounds keeping or maintenance tasks in a state educational institution.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
In the Maintainer I position you will be expected to be able to work alone. You will be required to carry a radio if you need to be reached by Public Safety. The incumbent of this position is responsible for the following:
• Clean and restock restrooms in the Kennedy 1st floor Cafeteria. Clean the toilets, urinals, floors and sinks. Empty the trash and sanitary napkin holders. Restock all toilet paper and paper towel dispensers. • Clean all tables in the Cafeteria. • Sweep and mop the floors – vacuum areas as needed (must put the chairs on the tables – and back down when completed mopping and vacuuming) • Remove trash and recyclables • Vacuum front and rear doorways • Clean glass on all doors • Empty outside trash (Kennedy) • Collect the trash and recyclables from Public Safety office, Tower 2nd floor • Clean public safety locker rooms : toilets, urinals, mirrors and floors • Vacuum, clean glass • Sweep and mop floors and hallways • Collect trash and recyclables from Tower Concourse Room • Sweep and mop Tower Concourse Room floor (must put the stools up and down when completed) • Spread ice melt at the entrances, before, during or after a snow storm • Respond to any emergency calls like floods and water leaks • Clean up specific areas during Special Events
This is a part-time, 20 hour a week position. The hours are Friday 11:00 PM to Saturday 9:00 AM and Saturday 11:00 PM to Sunday 9:00 AM.
This position is considered essential personnel.
Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others
- Ability to deal tactfully with others
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to climb and work on ladders and scaffolds
- Physical stamina and endurance
- Manual dexterity
- Mechanical aptitude
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Active driver's license
- Ability to operate facilities related equipment such as buffing machines, floor stripping and waxing machines, scrubbing machines, and vacuums
- Willingness to learn how to operate a Bobcat machine
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note that Mass Art does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
About Colleges of the Fenway
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Boston?s academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Desig...n: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/