The Wilmington Emergency Department is recruiting for a full-time Midnight Assistant Nurse Manager . The Emergency Department Assistant Nurse Manager is a member of the ED leadership team who will enhance the span of control in managing the complexities of emergency department operations.
Opportunity to step on leadership tract.
Work in a participating Emergency Department within the Delaware Trauma System!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as a licensed professional caregiver under the supervision of the Emergency Department Nurse Manager on the midnight shifts.
- Utilize leadership and clinical skills to manage patient care and unit operations on the off shifts.
- Implements appropriate changes and system wide process improvements. Will be involved with department shared governance.
- Provide surveillance in the department to promote and ensure patient safety and quality of care.
- Delegate patient care responsibilities.
- Facilitate optimal communication among multi-disciplinary team members.
- Manage the plan of care of emergency department patients to ensure the achievement of desired patient outcomes and the delivery of cost effective care.
- Support the Nurse Manager in the overall operations of the emergency department and achievement of AOP goals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
-BSN required. Master's program within 3 years of start date. -Professional certification required. -Nurse leader certification preferred. -Three years appropriate clinical and leadership experience required. -Demonstrated leadership competencies.
Hours: This position is a combination of hours between 1900 and 0700, variable hours for length of shift depending on the needs of the department. Shifts will be either 8 hour or 10 hour shifts, based on the needs of the Emergency Department.
Internal Number: JR51644
About Christiana Care Health System
Christiana Care Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are... positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.