UCHealth Emergency Medical Services is not an ordinary EMS agency, we live extraordinary! We pride ourselves in being an innovative prehospital care solution; ranging from comprehensive ambulance transportation services, community medicine delivery, clinical and professional education offerings, quality assurance, clinical mentorship, and so much more. Our mission, to improve lives, extends beyond the job and focuses on those most vital to our success...our team members. In addition to the educational offerings, clinical mentorship, and quality assurance feedback, we offer unprecedented support for employee mental health and well-being. This support is provided through partnership with an unparalleled mental health company to provide specialized counseling for our EMS personnel and their family members. In addition to this landmark partnership, we provide an internal peer support team with focused training, crisis support, and a robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
EMS Education Manager
The Director of EMS Education is responsible for providing management, leadership, direction and administration of all aspects of the Internal and External training programs for UCHealth EMS.
The position works in collaboration with other administrative team members.
* Responsible for planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and management of a comprehensive external and internal training program that addresses the specific training needs of the community, partner agencies, and employees of UCHealth EMS.
* Coordinates and conducts various training courses.
* Prepares the annual training budget. Is responsible for managing the training budget within established parameters.
* Counsel, coach and evaluate performance, recommending merit raises, promotions and disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong professional relationships with team members.
* Participates in the organizational strategic planning process of developing both short term and long term objectives.
* Performs other duties as directed or assigned.
* Prepares and submits various reports as required by local, state and federal governments;
* Attends seminars, conferences, workshops, classes, lectures, etc., and reviews professional literature, as appropriate, to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in fields of emergency services response.
* Responsible for the New Employee Orientation Academy and Field Training Officer Program
* Maintains readiness to respond to emergency situations, as required;
* responds (if needed) and coordinates the provision of medical services making assessments and providing emergency medical care at the EMT-Paramedic level.
* Associate degree or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a major in emergency medical services, or related field
* Minimum of five years' experience in emergency services as an EMT-Paramedic or higher level
* minimum of five to seven years' education management experience and certification in the following:
o BLS provider and instructor
o ACLS provider and instructor
o PALS or PEPP provider and instructor
o PHTLS or ITLS provider and instructor
o Basic Life Support (EMT) Instructor Certification
o Advanced Life Support (Paramedic) Instructor Certification
* Federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to emergency services
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, fire authorities, law enforcement agencies, volunteer fire services, public officials, and the general public
* Knowledge of budgeting, personnel, and purchasing requirements, and to train and mentor other employees
* Equipment and training aids.
* curriculum requirements.
* Strategic planning
* Understands the evaluation process
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Internal Number: 12167
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.