This position is responsible for managing and developing bank customer portfolio and account relationships for borrowers. As the team lead, this position is responsible for all aspects of the direct supervision and management of the commercial banking officers within the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial Banking Officer
1. Develops and manages banking relationships by forming in-person evaluation of the customer and assessing financial information and compatibility of banking needs within bank's policies and philosophies.
2. Negotiates credit items including rates and terms.
3. Conducts regular reviews of loan customers in order to monitor credit quality and total outstanding loan balances. Recommend appropriate risk ratings.
4. Prepares documentation and makes presentations to the Senior Loan Committee where applicable, in accordance with established guidelines, then implements committee decisions regarding each loan request.
5. Monitors loan repayment activity on a regular basis and takes necessary action to collect past due accounts. Collects technical exceptions, obtain financial statements and borrowing base if required.
6. Keeps current on regulations and legislation affecting lending.
7. Calls on potential and/or existing customers and introduces customers to other affiliates or products when a service can be rendered.
8. Participates with and assists senior loan officer in the servicing and administration of larger loans.
9. Provides customer with routine platform services, such as arranging for letters of credit, treasury management services, wire transfers, night deposits, approving checks for cashing, and/or helping with other customer financial/banking needs.
1. With the assistance of the human resources department, recruits, interviews and selects commercial banking officer new hires.
2. Manages sales performance, motivation, scheduling, training, and administration of policies/procedures.
3. Ensures team is presenting loans at appropriate rate, amounts, and terms that comply with Two Rivers loan policy guidelines.
4. Reviews sales pipeline on daily/monthly basis in order to achieve monthly sales goals.
5. Assists in training/development of loan officers to function in all aspects of loan originations and selling techniques in a sales environment with marketing-supported leads management.
6. Works with the senior management to achieve team/department goals.
Standards of Performance
1. Maintains quality portfolio keeping past dues, document exceptions, classified credits, non-classified credits to a minimum.
2. Participates in and supports community and professional organizations to facilitate personal growth and promotes a favorable image of Two Rivers Bank & Trust.
3. Ability to make loans and service accounts dealing in both small to relatively large, complex loans or those involving greater risk.
4. Ability to recognize additional cross-sell opportunities of all lines of bank products.
5. Ability to supervise others’ workflow with focus on quality results.
6. Compliance with both the letter and spirit of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Bank’s policies with the procedures relating to the Act. The employees will participate in training regarding BSA at least annually.
7. Compliance with both lender and spirit of the laws governing the privacy of consumer information and Bank’s Privacy and Procedures.
8. Compliance with all applicable banking laws, rules and regulations.
Described below are the primary competencies associated with this position.
Knows how business works; demonstrates knowledge of current business practices and future trends. Knows the competition.
Gives expert advice; is a knowledgeable resource. Works collaboratively to develop possible solutions, analyze information, and/or to solve problems.
Assigns meaningful work to others with clear direction and time lines. Uses delegation effectively to develop others, balance workload, and effectively manage time.
Developing Direct Reports
Engages in behaviors and activities to help direct reports achieve career/job aspirations while enhancing organizational capabilities.
Presents information in a way that causes others to listen, considers alternate forms of accomplishing goals, and takes action to achieve goals.
Recognizes others’ internal motivators and establishes appropriate rewards and consequences that will result in desired performance.
Drives behavior to emphasize achievement. Self-directed toward accomplishment. Is action-oriented. Likes challenge. Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving.
Focuses on the big picture to identify trends and create opportunities.
Uses a systematic approach to attract, develop, and retain people with the competencies to achieve the current and future objective of the organization.
Sees beyond the present, anticipates future results, and accurately predicts trends. Verbalizes the vision and leads the work group in that direction.
Required Work Experience:
· Five or more years of lending or comparable work experience.
· Five or more years of managing a team of lenders and/or sales professionals.
· Strong, well developed interpersonal skills in order to maximize business contacts and develop a working relationship with existing and potential customers.
· A high level of analytical skills to conduct loan analysis and monitor the loan’s progress in consideration of the market trends, economic conditions and other pertinent factors.
· Experience with computer operating systems (Windows). MS Office software experience preferred.
· Experience with bank or financial analysis software preferred.
Required Skills or traits for the position:
· Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with ethical standards and professional image.
· Strategic visionary, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operation focus.
· Well organized, self-directed, team-player.
· Articulate and able to relate to people at all levels of an organization with excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
· Good educator, trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
· Excellent negotiator and experienced in contracts.
· Decisive and possesses “big-picture” perspective.
About Two Rivers Bank & Trust
"Vision: Your Bridge to the Future"Two Rivers Financial Group, Inc. (TRFG) was formed in 1992 to serve as the parent company to Two Rivers Bank & Trust, formerly known as Burlington Bank & Trust, established in 1904. The name "Two Rivers" was selected, representing the land between the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, depicting our state of origin.TRFG also serves as the umbrella for a number of financial service companies including Two Rivers Insurance Company, Employee Benefit Systems (EBS), and Two Rivers Investment Services. We are proud to provide stable jobs for more than 250 men and women, serving the Southeast and Central Iowa markets with a comprehensive menu of banking, insurance and investment products and services. As a locally owned company, we are dedicated to our customers, and the communities in which we are privileged to serve. We take pride in our solid reputation for supporting our neighbors and communities, TRFG employees support numerous churches, schools, non-profit, and development-oriented community organizations. Countless hours of volunteer services are devoted annually, many in managerial roles as Directors and Chairpersons for these organizations. In add...ition, each year TRFG donates over $140,000 to vital local and regional projects and programs, as well as deserving non-profit organizations.