The Clinical Research Manager is responsible for managing research operations of the Advocate Center for Pediatrics in collaboration with the Director of Research. The Manager works closely with investigators and site administrative leaders; manages a research team comprised of research and regulatory coordinators, research assistants, and volunteers in support of industry and grant sponsored clinical trials, as well as investigator-initiated research.
Bachelors degree required
6-8 years of relevant experience in a clinical research role
3-5 years management experience leading diverse teams in clinical research
Knowledgeable of pertinent research federal and state regulatory guidelines
Demonstrated track record in managing clinical trials research
Experience in budgeting and negotiation and understanding of contracting language
Demonstrated track record in managing research projects and funds from foundations, corporations and government sources
Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, International Conference on Harmonization Guidelines, FDA Guidance
Strong knowledge of clinical trials and other types of clinical and translational research
Internal Number: 117493
About Advocate Aurora Health
Here are a few facts about our health care ministry:
• Advocate is the largest health system in Illinois. Our faith based, not- for-profit health system is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
• Advocate has the largest emergency and Level I Trauma network in Illinois.
• Advocate treats more pediatric patients than any other hospital or system in the state, and more people trust their hearts to Advocate than to any other hospital or system in the state. Additionally, Advocate diagnoses and treats more cancer than any other hospital or system in Illinois. These numbers are important because health research shows there is a positive relationship between the number of procedures performed and quality outcomes.
• Advocate offers more than 450 sites of care, with 12 acute-care hospitals, including a children’s hospital with two campuses and the state’s largest integrated children’s network.
• Advocate is recognized among the best places to work in Illinois and the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces. We are one of Chicagoland’s largest employers with more than 35,000 associates, including 6,300 affiliated physicians and 11,000 nurses.
• Advocate has one of the largest home health ...companies in the state.
• Six Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) including, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital. Magnet status represents hospital-wide teamwork and dedication to creating a positive environment, which helps attract the best physicians and nurses, resulting in better overall care for our patients.