1) Responsible for the successful outcome of the entirety of the assigned project; the Universityâ™s ERP Financials Systems Transformation program will be carried out in three phases: Pre-Implementation, Implementation and Post-production support.Â
2) Work with the vendor representative(s) to provide oversight and project management on the three phases (Pre-implementation, Implementation and Post-production support) of the Financial Systems Transformation program.
3) Manage the ERP Project Management team members; provide the overall leadership and guidance for team members.
4) Prepare executive summaries of project status, risks and issues.
5) Set up and maintain documentation and deliverable, etc. in central repository.
6) Assess change impact, identify and manage anticipated resistance.
7) Provide methods and guidance to business leaders to make informed decisions which facilitate the adoption of supporting change process.
8) Provide status reports to executive management and team on progress toward objectives.
9) Prepare and maintain documentation of project activities such as weekly status letters, steering committee meetings and business process meetings.
10) Manage and ensure all project issues are resolved promptly to avoid negative impact to the budget or schedule.
11) Build and maintain stakeholder relationships including University executives, data stewards and SMEâ™s, academic departments and end-users.
12) Develop and timely submit deliverable set forth in the SOW and manage resources.
13) Responsible for overall success of the pre-implementation, implementation and post-production phases of the project.
14) Respond to day-to-day problems, manage issues and risks and provide input into the project to mitigate risks.
15) Define tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives; confirm road-map aligns with project priorities and business case.
16) Provide guidance to project teams on implementation methodologies and internal project processes.
17) Responsible for development of detailed project plan, budget, and task management to achieve project objectives.
18) Ensure that the work of the project team meets and remains in scope of the project.
19) Prepare and present comprehensive scope and definition documents that detail project objectives, scope, reporting strategy, resource requirements, and stakeholders.
20) Oversee the ROI tracking and reporting effort.
21) Produce reports, agendas, and minutes for project team meetings; set up and facilitate meetings where needed.
22) Manage project documentation and project governance processes.
23) Help train and realign process improvements and governance across multiple IT and Business groups.
1) Work with Finance/Accounting professionals.
2) Working Knowledge of Microsoft Project, estimating of tasks, scheduling of tasks, juggling resources and priorities, Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Box.
3) Working knowledge of best practices for design, build, testing, and deployment of all functional and technical layers of financial systems.
4) Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range goals; organize and establish priorities; manage, motivate and work with technical and non-technical resources.
1) Standard office environment
1) Sit for short or extended time periods.
2) Stand for short or extended time periods.
3) Extensively use computer.
4) Make repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in a related field.
1) Minimum seven years of experience in a project management role and/or experience serving in a leadership role as an executive sponsor or steering committee member for large ERP implementations and post-production support functions.
2) Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
3) Project manager or manager of ERP Financial Systems using a formal software life-cycle development methodology and project management.
4) Managing large ERP implementations leveraging standards-based methodology and industry leading practices.
5) Leading transformation projects involving a wide range of business units.
6) Leading a full ERP implementation at a Research 1 institution.
7) Minimum three years of experience implementing financial software using current best practice methodologies and tools.
8) Experience in higher education with administrative systems, data and business processes.
Licenses and Certifications
1) Formal project management training (PMP Certification).
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07241
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.