Under Minimal supervision, acts as customers representative for all aspects of the assigned construction project and responsible for delivery of the same to the customer. Must work as a liaison between employee's company departments, 3 rd party suppliers and customer to ensure the incorporation and communication of all aspects affecting the successful delivery of projects. Projects will vary in size and scope and therefore the Project Manager's are expected to deliver a variety of projects at any one time. This position represents the client's best interest at all times; therefore a good understanding of the customers business issues is required. Works with customers to develop and deliver a project which best suits their needs. Typically manages projects of high complexity, risk and exposure ranging from 15 to 25 projects between $50,000 and $10 Million in total cost to the customer.
1. Delivers the construction project successfully to the customer while minimizing all risk to employee's company and the customer. This incorporates issues such as safety risk assessments, ensuring proper authorizations have been received from customers before expending cost, and ensuring proper co-ordination with the customers internal departments, operations organization and the customers other third party suppliers has taken place to prevent work conflicts. These are accomplished by following the employee's company project delivery process for the customer account.
2. Establishes the scope of project, addressing all aspects including but not limited to business requirements, performance specifications, planning, cost, interdependencies, EHS, procurement strategies and legal approval. Identifies all consultants to be appointed and appoints the same based on clearly documented scopes of work and fee schedules as well as approval from both the customer and employee's company management.
3. Develops the scope and initial design up to the procurement stage. Responsible for all design management of suppliers and subcontractors. Requires the milestones in the schedule to be tracked and met, the design completed to meet performance specifications, budget developed to meet financial requirements, and clear approval from the customer, dependent departments and third parties.
4. Procures the project in accordance with the strategy outlined in the initiation phase. Undertakes contract negotiations to ensure the best value is being delivered to the customer and make the formal recommendation to the customer. Awards the contract based on customer's approval.
5. Ensures the project is implemented in accordance with the design and ensures a timely response to questions related to field conditions. Ensures all work is done in a safe manner and that customer and vendor welfare is addressed at all stages. Monitors progress against the schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties.
6. Works with customer and vendor to ensure the end product is delivered per the agreed requirements. Ensures all punch list work is completed in a timely manner and that it does not interfere with the client's ability to occupy the space. Reviews and approves payment to contractors after verification that work was completed. Ensures all O&M manuals are received and reviewed and the necessary training is received by staff on equipment. Documents and files all warranties, and as built drawings and closes out the project in accordance with employee's company and customer requirements.
7. Provides focal point for all parties interfacing on the project. Ensures all information/input is received by all parties in a timely manner and facilitates all aspects of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management required
A minimum of 5 years of post graduate experience in the fields of construction, engineering, interiors, or architecture with at least two of these in Project Management managing projects varying in size up to and including $2 Million.
Required to be fluent in Spanish and English
Candidate shall have a strong electrical background with CUP infrastructure, Life Sciences, Tech Research and Development, Distribution/Warehouse construction/demolition experience. Has the ability to complete a full peer review of submitted construction plans by an AE firm along with the ability to estimate small projects independently
Strong IT user skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Project and Visio
Demonstrated experience with managing customer, vendors, consultants and other third parties.
Strong communication, organization and persuasion skills
Demonstrated financial and budgeting acumen
Experience with a Project Management Reporting System
OSHA 10 hour certification is required or the ability to obtain after employment
The individual shall be required to document the full scope of work of a project based on end user goals in order for a Vendor to issue a design build scope of work from or AE to provide design documents.
Experience writing capital appropriation requests for customer review and approval
A PMI Management Certification is preferred
A safety driven methodology of how to complete construction projects without incident. Serves as a role model for others to follow
An understanding of sales tax and how to apply it to capital construction projects
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Internal Number: 19007434
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.