Redlands, CaliforniaOpen Rank Faculty, Business Analytics/ Management Science, School of Business
Where your dreams become aspirations and your aspirations become achievements—that is the Redlands experience.
Since our founding in 1907, we haven’t wavered from our promise: a transformative education in an environment of academic rigor and personal responsibility, where you can blend what you learn in the classroom with life skills that will help you affect positive change in the world.
We are Redlands, where curiosity finds inspiration; where selflessness becomes service; where small classes encourage debate and debate sparks insight; where creativity and innovation open doors and change lives; and where diversity enriches us all.
We are Redlands, where we care more about who you will become than who you used to be; where we take good students and turn them into great people.
Learn more about us, our history, our community and the Och Tamale Chant.
The University of Redlands has produced 20 undergraduate Fulbright scholars in the past eight years. The “Chronicle of Higher Education” and the Fulbright Commission have twice lauded Redlands for producing significant numbers of undergraduate scholars.
The J.W. Fulbright awards are the highest and most distinguished awards granted by the Congress of the United States, through the U.S. Department of State, to a graduating University senior in a competitive merit based competition. Named after J. William Fulbright, the longest serving chairperson of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, these awards designate the selected applicants as “student ambassadors” for the United States. Students awarded Fulbrights are provided the financial and administrative support to either teach or conduct research in one of over 100 nations, for a year, abroad.
● Named "One of Higher Ed's Best Kept Secrets" in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014 edition and recognized for congenial campus living, flexibility of academic programs, easy access to professors and generous financial aid.
● Admitted, with distinction, to the 2015 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. Redlands is one of only five institutions in the nation named to the honor roll, with distinction, each year since the award's inception.
● Ranked by Princeton Review 2014, the most searched website by parents and students, one of the Best 378 Colleges.
● Named by Washington Monthly 2013 among the Top 30 Nationally for the Public Good.
● Recognized as a Tree Campus USA by the Arbor Day Foundation for excellence in campus tree management, as well as student and community involvement across the nation.
● Ranked by Forbes in the Top 5 percent of America's Best Colleges.
● School of Education included as one of only four California programs rated as doing well in training high school teachers, according to the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ).
● Named by G.I. Jobs as a Military-Friendly School.
● Named by US News & World Report as an A+ School for B Students and a Great Price and #1 Best College for Veterans in the West.
No matter who you are, at Redlands, you fit right in.
Diversity is not simply part of the strategic vision at the University of Redlands—it is an active daily learning experience.
Through nationally recognized programs and unique services, we challenge you to think beyond your own experiences and to consider other perspectives.
At Redlands, we define diversity as the differences that make each of us unique. From learning styles to social class to gender identity, our University community is strengthened by our appreciation for individuals and our ability to find commonalities amongst the differences.
The University’s Office of Campus Diversity & Inclusion (CDI) serves as a catalyst for the campus community on matters related to diversity, ensuring that we are educating all “hearts and minds”, making Redlands a welcoming environment for everyone.
- Faculty featured in first Gallery show of 2015-16
- Babies' brains show social skills linked to second language learning
- Out in the Open
- Maitreya Loving Kindness Tour
- University of Redlands to welcome Dr. Paul Farmer presenting ‘In the Company of the Poor’
- Multicultural Festival at University of Redlands
The University of Redlands is a private, independent liberal arts university committed to providing a personalized education that frees students to make enlightened choices.
Redlands emphasizes academic rigor, curricular diversity and innovative teaching. Redlands fosters a community of scholars and encourages a pluralistic notion of values by challenging assumptions and stereotypes in both classes and activities. A Redlands education goes beyond training to embrace a reflective understanding of our world; it proceeds from information to insight, from knowledge to meaning.