Tacoma, WashingtonClinical Assistant Professor/ Academic Fieldwork & Capstone Coordinator in Occupational Therapy
Tacoma, WashingtonClinical Assistant Professor, Master of Education in Counseling Program
Tacoma, WashingtonAssistant Professor in German Studies
Tacoma, WashingtonAssistant Professor of Hispanic Studies
University of Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a highly selective liberal arts college located in Tacoma, Washington. Founded in 1888, the University of Puget Sound is rich in history and traditions enjoyed by generations of students, faculty, and community members. Puget Sound offers a four year-core curriculum in the liberal arts tradition with more than 50 traditional and interdisciplinary programs as well as selected graduate programs that build effectively on a liberal arts foundation.
Benefits are essential in the recruitment, retention, and engagement of the talented and diverse faculty and staff members needed to serve University of Puget Sound students. To carry out Puget Sound’s mission and values and advance the university’s strategic plan, the university’s benefits program for faculty and staff members must necessarily reflect the finite resources available for benefits and the competitive environment in which the university operates.
- the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community.
- the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here.
- that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community.
- to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts.
- to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity.
- to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here.
- to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
We are a community that values the intrinsic worth of its members, recognizes our shared qualities, and embraces our differences. We make appreciation of all persons a key characteristic of this community, foster a spirit of openness and active engagement, and increase diversity in every aspect of campus life. In doing so we ensure a full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn at University of Puget Sound.
We believe that the thoughtful, respectful examination of multiculturalism and other dimensions of diversity educates and empowers all who work and study here to be advocates for social justice. University of Puget Sound is a positive, powerful example of a community enriched by diversity in all its forms.