Seattle, WashingtonHuman Resources Director & Senior Business Partner
Seattle, WashingtonClinical Research Compliance Manager
Seattle, WashingtonRegulatory Coordinator
Seattle, WashingtonSr. Identity & Access Management Analyst
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, teams of world-renowned scientists and humanitarians work together to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other diseases. Researchers are discovering new ways to detect cancers earlier, improve treatments, and learn how to prevent cancers from growing. Although Fred Hutchinson opened its doors in 1975, its history began about 20 years before that. In 1962 Fred Hutchinson envisioned a center devoted to studying cancer, a disease that took his brother’s life. Today Fred Hutchinson is contributing to the next waves of breakthrough treatments and prevention strategies. Fred Hutchinson collaborates with the Seattle Cancer Alliance, the National Cancer Institute, and the University of Washington.
Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine
Albert Lasker Medical Research Award
The Gairdner Foundation International Award
MacArthur Fellows Program
National Academy of Sciences
Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
American Academy of Arts and Sciences (AAAS)
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
European Academy of Sciences
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators
Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers
Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Award
W. M. Keck Foundation Distinguished Young Scholars in Medical Research
Pew Scholars Program in the Biological Sciences
Searle Scholar Award
Employee Benefits Summary
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Subsidized health insurance for families and domestic partners
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and day care
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- Comprehensive commuting options
- Advanced library services, open 24/7 to staff
- On-campus cafeterias and coffee bars
- Showers, locker room, bicycle cages
- Campus architecture incorporates conservation techniques
- South Lake Union location, close to downtown
- Smoke-free environment
Policies that Empower Employees
- Employee advisory committee
- Commitment to workforce diversity
- Statement of values which supports scientific excellence, respect, openness and innovation
Professional Training Classes
Quality of Life
- NAEYC accredited on-site daycare
- Many positions support flexible work hours
- Sabbatical opportunities
- On-site exercise classes
Diversity at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
is not just important, it's essential. Valuing diversity promotes creative and intellectual vigor, creates an environment in which everyone feels respect and acceptance, and increases our ability to serve our community by attracting and retaining the best possible people. Diversity enriches our research, our science, the communities in which we live and work, and the lives of our employees.
Diversity is key to the pursuit of our mission to eliminate cancer and other diseases as causes of human suffering and death.
The mission of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is the elimination of cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death. The Center conducts research of the highest standards to improve prevention and treatment of cancer and related diseases.
In fulfilling the mission of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center:
- Biological scientists conduct fundamental research to discover mechanisms underlying the life of normal cells and changes in these processes that cause disease.
- Clinical research scientists develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy.
- Public health scientists develop and apply new knowledge to help individuals and communities reduce the incidence and death rate from cancer and related diseases.
Scientists from all fields share and integrate their findings and insights to foster the development and testing of new approaches
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research
Center is dedicated to:
- Generating new scientific discoveries and translating them into effective medical practices, therapies and public health approaches.
- Recruiting, supporting and training highly qualified scientists and physicians in an environment that promotes collaboration and excellence.
- Cooperating with other research entities and medical institutions to assure worldwide access to new research findings and technical developments.
- Providing sensitive, efficient and effective care for patients participating in our experimental therapies and other studies.
- Promoting the importance of scientific research, responsible medical care, healthy environments and personal behaviors through public education and advocacy.
Statement of Values
Hutchinson Center faculty, managers and staff all have important roles in creating an environment that exemplifies the following values:
Scientific Excellence — The Center's first commitment is to excellence in scientific work. We have a high standard of ethics and integrity in conducting our research.
Respect — We respect the contributions that each individual makes to ensure the success of our science. We honor the contribution of patients and study participants to our mission and commit to the highest standards of care, integrity and confidentiality in our services to them. We respect individuality and recognize the strength that comes from diversity of perspectives and backgrounds.
Openness — We recognize the importance of sharing information and allowing for the free exchange of ideas between staff throughout the Center regardless of position or affiliation with outside interests. We strive to have decisions made by those closest to the issue, acknowledging the value of first-hand experience.
Innovation — We recognize the importance of creativity and responsible risk-taking. We aim to minimize bureaucracy and maintain focus on the mission. Our systems and policies support scientific achievement.