Montclair, NJ 07043Report Developer
Montclair, NJ 07043Student Systems Developer
Montclair, NJ 07043Manager of Data Analytics
Montclair, NJ 07043Assistant/ Associate Professor of Dance
Montclair, NJ 07043
When you work at Montclair State, you join a talented, diverse and inclusive community of employees who work together to support the educational mission of the University.
You are part of a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. Our 11 colleges and schools serve 21,000 students on a beautiful 252-acre campus just 12 miles from New York City.
Dedicated to providing employees with opportunities for professional achievement and development, we take pride in a dynamic workplace environment that respects all employees and encourages excellence.
Montclair State is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership status, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, physical, mental or intellectual disabilities (not related to or interfering with job performance), liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or any other non job-related criteria. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, hiring, retention, tenure, promotion, transfer, compensation, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations.
The University is also committed to employment efforts to correct the underrepresentation of protected classes should it occur, and periodic assessments will be performed to determine the University’s success in these efforts.
At a Glance
- Founded as the New Jersey State Normal School at Montclair in 1908
- Located in New Jersey communities of Montclair, Little Falls and Clifton
- Main campus encompasses 252 acres
- 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs
- 21,115 total students
- 16,988 undergraduate students
- 4,127 graduate students
- 5,117 students living on campus
- Student to teacher ratio: 17 to 1
- Average class size: 23
Academic Programs and Degrees
- Colleges/Schools: the College of the Arts (where the John J. Cali School of Music and the School of Communication and Media are housed); the College of Education and Human Services; the College of Humanities and Social Sciences; the College of Science and Mathematics (which houses the New Jersey School of Conservation); the Feliciano School of Business; the School of Nursing; University College; and The Graduate School.
- Undergraduate studies: 54 majors, 60 concentrations, 61 minors, plus dozens of certificate programs and teacher certification programs.
- Graduate studies: more than 130 degree programs and 60 certificates, teacher certifications, administrative and educational services certifications.
Awards and Recognitions
- In 2019, the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education recognized Montclair State as a Doctoral University – High Research Activity.
- In 2017, the State of New Jersey designated Montclair State a Public Research University.
- Montclair State met the criteria set by the U.S. Department of Education to be named a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), highlighting the institution’s unprecedented growth and its commitment to providing underserved populations access to affordable higher education.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching named Montclair State a Community Engaged Campus in 2015, in recognition of the University’s long-standing dedication and commitment to community engagement.
- U.S. News & World Report listed Montclair State among the top 200 national universities in the country in their 2019 rankings.
- Montclair State’s graduate programs in education were ranked among the nation's best in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Education Schools.
- The Feliciano School of Business was included in the 2018 edition of The Best Business Schools published by The Princeton Review.
- The Princeton Review Guide to 3995 Green Colleges: 2018 Edition included Montclair State in its rankings of America’s greenest campuses.
- Montclair State was included in The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings 2019 list.
- Montclair State was ranked #16 out of 2,000 four-year colleges and universities by Alarms.org in its “Safest Campuses in America 2018” list.
- Forbes included Montclair State in its 2018 editions of America’s Top Colleges and America's Best Value Colleges rankings.
- Money magazine ranked Montclair State among the nation’s “Best Colleges for Your Money” for 2018-2019.
- Montclair State was named to the Campus Pride Top 30 LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges and Universities list in 2018.
- In 2018, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education named Montclair State a “Top Degree Producer” in its ranking of institutions that confer the most degrees to minority students.
- The MBA and Accounting programs of the Feliciano School of Business were both ranked in the top three out of 25 New Jersey institutions in the 2018 NJBIZ Reader Rankings.
- First New Jersey state college to offer master’s degrees
- Broadcast the nation’s first education television programs
- Offered first doctoral program at a senior public institution in New Jersey
- First state institution to offer multiple doctoral programs